Friday, January 01, 2010

zolo

January 1, 2000 was a Monday*. January 1, 2010 was a Friday.

That is just one of the many reasons this year, and this decade** are going to be better than the last.



*No, it wasn't. But if the past ten years (and Wikipedia. And Stephen Colbert, who I'm sure told this joke better) has taught us anything, it's that facts are most certainly malleable to fit our desires.

**And, yes, I'm aware that technically this isn't a new decade. (Hi, Miranda!) But a) everyone else has been calling 09 the end of the decade, and b) I'm just too tired to argue about it and c) the last ten years have been less than great in a lot of ways, so I'm all for jumping on the "2010 is going to be a much better year than 2009 was" bandwagon, even if it is just false hope. Because I suspect that zolo*** IS going to be a really good year in a lot of ways.

***zolo is what I've decided to start calling this year. Rather than getting into the whole "two-thousand ten" or "twenty ten" debate (which I know I talked about on this blog, and would link to if I a) weren't too lazy and b) the computer were able to handle such actions.), I'm just going to create my own name for the next 365 days, and I have decided it is "zolo". Because it looks like 2010, and also, "zolo" is just fun to say.

1 comment:

Amy said...

As a zeppelin fan, I can't wait until 2050.

Also it's been a decade since 2000, so.

pidadism