Sunday, December 06, 2009

i remember it like it was yesterday

i have a horribly bad recollection of my life prior to the age of 14 or so. And, really, a lot of the memories from before the age of 20 are ...blurry. I mean, if I concentrate, I can start to recall things better, but, honestly, it's almost like I simply popped into existence as a young adult.

It's enough to make wonder if I'm a fictional character, and most of my childhood/backstory just hasn't been fully developed by the author.

It always amazes me how much of her youth Steph is able to remember. She knows names of people she knew when she was, like, 6, for example.

I, on the other hand, never was six.

A lot of it, I'm sure is my own blocking/suppressing, but I think, also, that I could/should work on improving my memory recall powers. Not sure how to do that, exactly. I probably did know how at one time, but I've forgotten.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Dude, I think you're definitely a fictional character.