Sunday, August 31, 2003

Track 2: The Revolution

Revolutions never work.

Just look at the word itself. "re" volution.

I'm not sure what "volution" is, but the "re" part certainly means that it's gonna circle back around to where it once was. And that's the problem. "Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss." (heh. "Meet the new Bush. Same as the old Bush.") The reason that revolutions don't work is because they don't get to the root of whatever the revolutionaries are trying to "fix". As long as we keep the underlying system in place, all revolutions are are temporary fixes.

That being said, Revolution X sure was a fun video game. Aerosmith, guns, and CDs. Woo! The white trash in me loved it.

I'd completely forgotten about the game until the other day when we went to the Roller Skating Rink. That place had all the old classics. Revolution X, Road Blasters, Pong. Good times. Good times.

Anywhat, the Beatles asked us, "Ya say ya want a revolution?" And the children of the sixties said, "Yes! We do!" And then it failed. Because there was nothing to take the place of the underlying structure of society as we know it now. (There was, but we didn't know what it was.) Hopefully, when we're asked again (and we will be. Society is cyclical), we'll have an idea of what to replace the current sytems with.

What the hell am I blathering about? [shrug] I dont' know. All I know is I have a fever, and a sore throat. And while this blog-a-thon is going to happen, and is going to be ...fun?...interesting? ...something - this entry wasn't exactly the best one I've written. Oh well.

Site of the hour - I just wish he'd update more often. But I really like his writing.

No comments: