Sunday, August 31, 2003

Track 1: U.B. Jesus

It BEGINS!!!

A few notes. I decided that my way of doing the titles for the blog-a-thon would be to use the names of the tracks from David Byrne's excellent album, "Look Into the Eyeball". Because it has 12 tracks. (Well, 13, I discovered when I went to his website. So maybe you guys will get a "bonus" track as well. Never can tell!)

Anywhat, the entries might have something to do with the titles, might not. You'll have to read to find out!

Also, I'll end each one with a "site of the hour" (despite the fact that I'm going to attempt to post on the half-hours, and that my final post will end up being half an hour into tomorrow. Damn waking up so late!). The "site of the hour" will not necessarily have anything to do with the stuff I'd just talked about either. But sometimes it might.

Okay. All that out of the way, I can actually start this entry. (God, I'm long-winded sometimes.)

I used to believe that people would be happier if, instead of looking to Jesus to be their personal saviour, they would accept themselves as their personal saviour. I still think that there's some truth to that. However, it also reinforces the flaw in religious belief that people require saving at all!!

I had a lot more to say about this issue (I still do, of course.) But it's nearing the 12:30 mark. And looking ahead at the tracks, I see that I can definitely talk religion around tracks 4 or 11. [wink]

I'll sum up by saying that I would probably need to be Jesus in order to catch up on all the blog entries that have been made so far. Jesus!! (heee!!)

Site of the hour - It's the most logical one to start with, no?

No comments: