Tuesday, August 26, 2003

My blog is like therapy.



So there's this person over at the WD (quite a few, truth be told) who I admire, and sorta look up to, and wouldn't mind getting to know better.

But I have the distinct impression that this person doesn't like me. We've PMed a few times, and I just have this feeling that PersonX ...I don't know, thinks I'm beneath them.

And in a lot of ways, they're correct in that belief. This person is brighter than I am, more articulate, probably more popular (whatever that means - and it's not really an issue, I was just on a roll). But does that mean that I don't deserve a chance? That this person can't be my friend?

I don't know. Maybe (most likely) it's all in my head, and PersonX likes me just fine. Or maybe that's just the way PersonX is (stand-offish).

The thing that bothers me the most, though is the fact that I care so much. I don't know this person from Adam (or Eve), but the fact that they're denying me attention and friendship (whether in reality, or just in my mind) bugs the tar out of me. And the fact that it bothers me bothers me even more!!

No real point to this post, just sharing my psychosis with the world at large. Enjoy!

No comments: