Wednesday, August 13, 2003

[rollsigh]



Take that, Google!

Bad thing about not blogging for days on end - it becomes difficult to break the pattern. Despite the fact that enough "interesting" things have happened to me since the 4th, I have little desire to type them out for others to absorb.

I finished reading Michael Crichton's Prey. Say what you will about him, he certainly knows how to write "blockbusters". I could totally see Prey being a summer movie. I'll be surprised if they don't adapt it eventually. I won't give anything away, but I will say that the ...villians were quite creepy. Yay creepiness!

Speaking of "creepy" and "villians", George Bush thinks we should cut down more trees in order to save them from being burned down.

Actually, that's not what I was going to say. I was going to talk about how Freddy vs. Jason is coming out in 2 days, and despite all my brains protests, I still want to see it. Sorta. I am a strange bird.

Speaking of trees, we went up to Mt. Charleston today. Upon entering the picnic section (where you have to pay - [rollsigh]), the guard woman there told us that they were having a "wasp problem." They're not stinging, she told us, but they're simply a nuisance. She instructed us that if you were to take a piece of meat and set it away from your table, the wasps will go to the meat and leave you alone. She then said, "Do you want to do it?" Which made me think she was going to give us meat.

She didn't, though.

Once we got set up, we did take a piece of bologna from our sandwiches and set them aside from our table. Sure enough, the bees (they really didn't look like wasps to me) swarmed (heh. 'swarm') around the lunchmeat, and more or less ignored us. The ants and flies still found us worthy of investigation, though.

Long story short (too late!) the girls had a good time, Stephanie built a fairy house, and I didn't hate it. (I really didn't. Don't believe whatever Steph says.)

No comments: