Thursday, August 14, 2003

They're STILL talking about it?!?!?!



That quote comes from my soon to be six year old daughter, regarding the fact that CNN is still reporting on the power outage. When a six year old can see the utter pointlessness of news, why can't the rest of us?

Sometimes the Internet is just really boring.

Yesterday night I stayed up until 3am reading a book I hated. The lesson from this is that I am, in fact, very stupid.

Sometimes mere oblivion seems.

Funny thought I had the other day - the fundamentals have stayed the same in our family. Steph stays home and roosts with the girls, and sends me out to "hunt" for the food. The hunting takes place in fast food drive-thrus, and I'm always guaranteed a victorious hunt, but the analogy is there.

About the tree thing - yeah, there may be (and probably is) scientific basis for deforestation to avoid extra trees being burned, but in the end it boils down to humans trying to control the environment. The forests got along just fine for millions of years without human intervention, and I guarantee that if we didn't cut anything down, there'd be no big problems.

I stink.

When I heard about the powerlessness of the East Coast, I thought of mayhem. And Jupe. And some of the New York WDers. Sadly, CNN didn't provide information about them specifically. Which just further proves the ineptitude of cable news.

Some say a comet will fall from the sky, followed by meteor showers and tidal waves...

We got our check from the government today. That was nifty. We've still not cashed it, and I dont' know what's the best course of action for it (put it in savings - (I've become worried about the plan to move next year. I worry that we won't be able to afford it ...at least not at the original time we decided on...) or use it for Disneyland (and the party in California) or pay off some enormous debts/bills). Stupid lack of ...whatever.

I think I need to eat. My brain is all distractionary.

No comments: