Thursday, August 21, 2003

This is no good. This is no good at all.



well, shit.

It all started yesterday after the stupid sizzler dinner thing. I started to have a mild breathing attack (for those not in the know, I've had asthma (in varying degrees) since my young childhood. I have very vague memories of having to be hospitalized when I was around 5 or so. The asthma attacks stuck with me through about the age of 14 or so, and then stopped. They came back about ten years later. Now, it seems, that every few months I have a rather mild breathing fit. Fun.)

Anywhat, started having trouble breathing yesterday night, but it went away. Until we laid down to go to bed (at 2am, when I had to wake up at 6). I also started to suffer from a headache around that time. I still have it. I also still have the stupid breathing difficulty.

I did feel a little better after eating this morning, but it didn't last long. I was holding onto the fact (er...possiblity) that I'd be able to leave around 1 today, instead of 3. See, the Dora the Explorer thing that the library is putting on is at 2pm. So, if we were going to attend, I'd have to leave work early. Which, wouldn't be a problem, because on Thursdays I'm the "extra man". If I'm not here, it's not really a big deal. And I'm sure Troy (my coworker) would've had no problem with letting me go home a few hours sooner than normal. (Especially if I was having trouble breathing.)

But Troy isn't here today. He called in, so I have to stay until 3pm.

And I can't breathe.

And I have a fucking headache.

And I just want to go home so I can take my baby to see Dora.

I'm so tired of it all. This job is just not worth it. money just is not worth it. god, my head hurts.

I'm irritated, and in pain, and just ...some word. I don't know. Whatever. I'm kinda hoping that I'll see my supervisor today and I'll explain the whole breathing thing to him (trust me, it'll be obvious to him. Wheezing is fun!!) and he'll let me go home. Of course, I've not seen my supervisor in person since...well, last Saturday. And before then I hadn't seen him for an entire week. So it's a crapshoot.

Yee-haw.

I've got to go take care of work related issues. Steph, when you read this, you can call me and I'll let you know if things've gotten better.

No comments: