Saturday, January 01, 2005

It begins...

Okay, then.

Happy New Year, everyone! Welcome to 1992!

What? It's not 1992? Why not? Says who? Oh, you're right! It's only the year 29. No? Oh. Two-thousand-five, eh?

This 2005 nonsense is simply because everyone has agreed. But what if everyone didn't?

So, yeah. It's the middle of the first decade of the 21st century. The Ohs, as the masses like to call them. I prefer The Aughts. Heh. Aught. You ought to as well! Heh.

I wonder what it is, exactly, about puns and wordplay that make my brain so happy? And I know that it isn't just my brain. I mean, other people enjoy stupid groan-inducing puns as well. Something in our hardwiring, is my guess. But what? Why?

Smiles are strange things. In any other animal (or, most, I should say. I don't know if it's true for ALL of them) showing teeth is a sign of aggression. But in humans (all primates?? Jupe, have any insight on this?) the smile seems to be pretty universal as a sign of happiness and friendship.

You can most likely tell that I'm simply doing the stream-of-conciousness thing. Expect a lot of that this year. If I'm going to accomplish (HA HA HA!) or even come near (ha!) or even make any sort of mark (acceptable!) in this goal of 200,005 words by year's end, I'll have to make all sorts of long, rambling, not truly connected types of posts. Or lots (and lots!) of shorter ones throughout the day. Or both. Oh. And fiction. Must remember to type up stories and whatnot. Yes.

I almost wish it were 1992. Then I'd have so many more years to work on my Perth story! I might even get it finished if I had 14 years to write it. Might.

So we joined Netflix! Which is cool. It'll be nice to actually see movies again. Um. At least, in theory. Because we were looking at the Netflix list the other day, and, even though I'm always saying, "Oh, there are so mnay movies I want to see"....there really aren't. I mean, thre are some. But a lot of movies SUCK. Really really bad. I'd say, even, that MOST movies are crap. Even the good ones. Heh.

That being said, if anyone has movie suggestions - I'm open. Just because a movie is crappy or a waste of time, doesn't mean I won't watch it. (And probably even enjoy it, in some way) So, yeah. Any flicks out there that you wanna recommend, bring 'em on. Ooh! I know! I can do movie reviews periodically as well. That will eat up words. Yes. Excellent. And so on.

Okay. I've been typing (off and on) for about 15 minutes now. I'll cut and paste this baby in Microsoft Word, do a word count, add some HTML, and post. Yay!

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
480 / 200,005
(0.0%)

4 comments:

Amy said...

Awesome! Netflix is something that I would probably like to get, if I lived with a movie-watching partner. That would be pretty nice.

Anyway, in most primates, keeping your teeth together and pulling back your lips to reveal them is typically a gesture of fear and/or submission. Which of course leads to friendship!

Um.

Fool said...

It's sad that some refer to this decade as "the Noughties" as if noughtie = naughty makes it somehow more cool.

Simon said...

The Zeroes, I thought?

When I first typed that, it came out "Zerioes". I almost like that most of all!

I read an Isaac Asimov story about how humour was an alien concept embedded into the human race for some experimental purpose. I forget the exact details but it was called Jokester, if you want to check it out.

P@ said...

Ahh, but calling it the "naughties" simply illustrates my point about puns and wordplay. [grin]