Thursday, January 06, 2005

Spider Meh 2: Much less meh!

So, as I think everyone is aware, the Spish joined Netflix recently. And we recieved our first 3 movies on Monday. Spider-Man 2, Garden State, and Ella Enchanted.

Dude. Netflix sends them in such tiny little envelopes! The Steph and I were expecting, like, boxes.

Anywhat, we watched Spider-Man 2 (or as it appeared on our screen before I altered the DVD settings, Pider-Ma 2) first. And, because I promised film reviews, and because I want to keep track of the movies we watch, and because I'm trying to hit this ridiculous goal of 200,005 words, I now present you with my "review" of Spider-Man 2.

[Begin spoiler for -Spider-Man 2 highlight to view]
See, I don't know if it's because I am not so good at reviewing movies, or what, but I don't have a lot to say about SM2. It wasn't horrible. I liked it better than the first one, but to be honest, the only things I really remember about the original film were that I was "not 100%" at the time of watching it, that we saw it for free (I think), and that I made a post about it on the WD entitled Spider Meh.

This one was funny. Or funnier, I mean. Than the first one, I mean. Peter Parker's boss at the newspaper is hilarious. They should give him his own movie.

Um.

I did get goosebumps at the "Go, Spidey, Go!" line. (I got goosebumps while I was writing that. [rolleyes])

Hmmm. Yeah. We watched it a few days ago, so you'd think I'd have more to say about it, but ...you'd be wrong. I do want to have a little gimmick in these reviews, but I can't decide if it should be "Moral of the movie" or "What I learned from [movie title]" or what. Maybe I'll play it by ear. Yeah.

What I learned from Spider-Man 2: In a fight between a spider and an octopus (both having eight arms, thus ensuring a fair fight), the winner will be the one that has more self-esteem.
[end spoiler]

As for the other movies, the womenfolk watched Ella Enchanted last night, and Saren did like it very much. She was telling me about how Ella had girl power, and did all these "awesome" (her new favorite word) moves and how I should watch it someday.

And Steph and I have seen about one half of Garden State so far. We'll have to finish it in the next day or so - because we also have 3 hours of J.J. Abrams television to watch eventually as well. So much viewing to do, so little time.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Two posts! Yay!

Yeah, I don't know, man. I liked Spi... why am I writing this? I already told you this, and I'm no better with comments.

I'm glad that movie-watching is being had by all! Truly a good tidings.

Anonymous said...

We never saw the first Spider-Man, but we saw the 2nd b/c everybody & their dog were raving about it. Like you, we thought it was good, quite enjoyable, and then forgot about it shortly thereafter. [shrug]

Garden State, though, was excellent. Many months later, I still think about that one at odd moments. Definite thumbs up.

-nkl

Amanda said...

I get goosebumps when I listen to the score from Chosen.

Simon said...

I quite liked Spider-Man II. I need to see it again before I can explain why, though I remember being breathless after the train-stopping sequence. Wow.

Maybe, underneath it all, I'm just one of those guys who goes "Woah" and "Wow" in the cinema.