Thursday, January 27, 2005

Well, Doh!

Heh. WD.

Couple items of Watcher's Diary news.

1) I've been bumped from Page One. It was fun while it lasted.

2) I watched the first twenty minutes or so of Weight of the World today during my lunch break. I was not overly impressed upon rewatching this episode, so I wanted to see what I had written about it. Turns out the archives don't go that far back. Doh! So, I went to check what the polls had to say about it. The 17 votes that episode has recieved break down thusly: 5 A's, 5 B's, 5 C's and 2 F's.

Doh.

Doh well.

Read two of my three books today. Graphic novels/comic books are really quick reads. Sticks and Stones was a graphic novel with no words. Nifty. While I liked the story, it's a pity that the Stone Guy (God?) wasn't fleshed out more. (Heh. Puns.) Why'd he suddenly become a jerkass? [shrug] But, yeah. Metaphors good.

Dead Memory had moments of brilliance, but I didn't feel a connection to the cityfolk. ROM was a more sympathetic character. Perhaps he was meant to be.

In nonbook news, the onramp to the freeway near our house has been closed for, like, 7 months now. When the hell are they gonna reopen it?

Also - we still need a calendar.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Well what are you going to do about it, punk???

Also, the fun lasted for 805 days. [/creepy stalker, or just good at math and finding old emails?]

Also also, you need a calendar? Dude. I ... I was totally going to get you one, but I was radioactive at the time. [/lame excuse, or true excuse?]

Yes.

Simon said...

I have a lovely Futurama one. It's lovely. I should find another one and send it to you.

Mindi Scott said...

I don't think I have ever used a calendar before February. Even when people would buy them for me as gifts, I would be too lazy to hang them for the entire first month. Now, I never get around to buying one until February, despite having looked for one in early January.

Today is the day. I shall buy a calendar and stop using the tiny January spot on the back of my 2004 calendar!