Sunday, January 16, 2005

Dust and mockery.

There are times when I'm absolutely convinced that there is a higher power (I suppose I should capitalize that, eh?). Thinking about the Universe, and about the Future, and about the Creation of Stuff (got that capitalization thing down, didn't I?) makes my brain conclude - however fleetingly - that it isn't all just Randomness.

But the glory (or irritation) of it all is that one can never truly know. Ahh, agnosticism.

Moving on - I was talking to my soon-to-be new boss yesterday, and was filled in on the exciting (to me) information that the NATPE* convention is going to be here in town the same week that I start. Woo! Conventions are boring!! But dude! I start the job, and get to (conceivably) hobnob with representatives from KingWorld and Sony and Buena Vista and whatnot. Dull? Most likely! But I'm still really looking forward to it. [/incredibly boring]

Of course, the baby will most likely be born on the 24th (Camden day!) so I'll not go, but then, having a new life in our house will be a gabillion times better than going to NATPE anyway.


*NATPE = National Association of Television Program Executives

2 comments:

Amy said...

Okay, so, I want to make sure I understand this correctly. You surmise that your child will be arriving in such a fashion so as to distract you from watching/thinking about Camdens?

That kid's all right.

Simon said...

May it not be dull but - anti-dull. Yes.