Saturday, December 06, 2003

Oh yeah.

I totally forgot that yesterday Senator Harry Reid came to my workplace!

He was being interviewed by our newspeople. They talked to him about Yucca Mountain, and the economy, and September 11th. Yawn.

He didn't speak to me at all, and was only next to me for maybe 45 seconds total. (He was being given the tour of the station.) He came into the control room with the guy giving him the tour, along with a security person (!!). All Mr. Reid said was, "Why do you have two TV stations?"

Heh. Yeah. I've wondered the same thing.

Before the interview, I listened in on the thing, and it was kinda funny. More interesting than the actual interview, at any rate. The newscaster doing the questioning (Christine) asked him if he'd been busy today.

He said "No. We like your station the best." He then turned to someone (his assistant?) and asked "Have we done anything today?"
The assistant responded about how they had had an interview with a different station earlier in the day.
Christine asked if the other station had "worked him over" (or something like that, I couldn't quite hear her), but Harry said that the guy was "really nice".

The chitchatted a little bit more, and then they began the interview. Only a fraction of which was played back on the newscast. [shrug] It was interesting, but pretty lame.

Like so much of everything.

And, hey! I posted before going to work! I might (maybe) post when I get home, too, but we'll have to see how the rest of the day goes.

No comments: