Wednesday, July 16, 2003

You know, people underestimate the value of a good ramble. (Buffy Summers)

Words to live by, Buffy. Words to live by. (And this quote is certainly funnier with S7 as hindsight)

So, yeah, I'm gonna ramble.

I finished reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix last night. Yay!
Although now I've got that horrible "I just finished reading a book, and now I don't know exactly what to do" feeling. Which is ridiculous seeing how we went to the library yesterday and picked up at least half a dozen books that I should get into. Not to mention the books we own that I've never opened.

I was going to discuss HP&tOotP (which would mean whipping out my BUST [Butt Ugly Spoiler Tags [grin]]) but I am not in the mood. Maybe in a few days. [shrug] I enjoyed it, it was a good read, I guess I just don't feel like blogging about it right now. Ya'know?

Motherf... pop up ads are annoying.

Blogspot should be pleased with themselves. Several times now I've actually clicked on the ads that have appeared at the top of my blog. (And once on Stephanie's) They were: The Cellar (a forum), Mindsay (where I created another blog - it's at pshift2.mindsay.com) and now I've clicked zeal.com. On Stephanie's I clicked the IshCon.org link, and I'm totally going to join that forum as soon as I get done blogging.

Now if only they'd stop putting backstreet boys fan fic up there...

My brain is scattered. I can't seem to concentrate on my entry.

OH!! I totally forgot that last night, after finishing HP, I went to sleep and around 9am I woke up with a start - my heart was pounding and I was sweating pretty badly. I had dreamt that Voldemort was going to kill me. That's the only thing I could remember from my dream.

So I've taught Saren this game that I played as a kid. But I don't know if it was something that I invented or not. I can't seem to find any information about it online. The game, which I have dubbed "war" (not the card game) goes like this. We start with a piece of paper. We fold it in half, and each of us then draws a "city" on our half. The drawings can have anything we want - people, cars, houses, hospitals, tanks, airports, helicopters, forests, lakes, rivers, bridges, whatever. But each side must have a "headquarters". The HQ is a sqaure with an X in it. You can place it wherever you want in your city.

Once both cities are complete, we take turns "attacking". The attacks are where the sheet of paper is folded in half, and we take our pen and draw a small dot on the paper, pressing hard enough for it to indent on the other side. We then open up the paper, and wherever the indentation is on the other person's city is where the attack hit. If it hits a person, that person is blown up. If it hits a building, that building is demolished (scribbled out). The goal is to hit the headquarters before the other person. (Hitting the HQ blows up the whole city)

Anyone ever heard of that? Or was I just incredibly demented (and a wee bit talented) as a child?

Okay - Saren's done with her city (or just about) so I'm gonna log off and go blow some stuff up real good.

No comments: