Tuesday, July 15, 2003

Sweet Dreams are made of these

Yup, it's one of those dream entries. I've got two dreams to convey - one from about a week ago (surprisingly, it's stuck with me this long) and the other one is from last night.

Dream #1 (from last week) -

tkf mailed me a cooked chicken. It was actually only one piece (I think it was a breast) and it had barbeque sauce on it. Stephanie and I were commenting on how weird it was that we'd be getting food from people we've met through the internet. And right after that, I got another package from Callie. Hers was a piece of chicken, and a corn on the cob.

My dream then changed (or maybe I just went to work in it) to where I was at work, and in the parking lot a game show was being filmed. The game show was called Stupid (a brilliant name for a game show, if you ask me. And especially for this game show).

I don't remember all of it, but I know that there was the typical Jeopardy! style trivia question rounds, followed by some Double Dare-ish "physical challenges". To determine your prize (during this part of the show, at least) you spun a giant wheel. One of the slots on the wheel was "The cumulative prizes of the last 5 champions"
My boss, Greg, was there and he turned to me and said (about that prize), "So that would equal what, a dollar?"
We both snickered.

The final round was sort of Hollywood Squares-y, in that there was a giant 3X3 board with 9 squares in it. The squares were not occupied by celebrities, though. Instead, they had doors, and behind the doors were prizes. If you got three in a row, you would win your choice of one of the three.

On top of the square stood the host of the show. He had a bullhorn so that he would be able to be heard from that height. His voice was really loud, so I think it may have been a magic bullhorn.
But behind him was a HUGE screen. Like drive-in movie screen huge. Only bigger. On the screen was the image of a hand. The hand was someone's fist doing the thing where they move their thumb to be the "mouth". And they had drawn eyes and lips on the hand as well. The hand-mouth was synched with the host talking, so it gave the appearance that the host was not even there, and that the loud booming voice was coming from this giant hand. It was surreal.

I wish I could go on that show.

Dream #2 - I was walking home pushing a grocery cart, filled with groceries. I had to go through a forest in order to get home. I sensed someone behind me - I looked and saw a jogger. I moved over so that he could pass me (the path we were on was kinda narrow) but he stayed behind for a while, and then suddenly sped up. Sensing that something was wrong, I felt my back pocket and discovered that I no longer had my wallet.

Pissed, I began to chase the thief. At one point, I was going to jinx him with my wand (Why, yes, I had been reading Harry Potter before going to sleep - why do you ask?) but I remembered that using magic in Muggle areas was prohibited.

The pickpocket began to toss things from my wallet into the forest. My driver's license, my library card, and then my wallet itself. (He kept the cash.) Angry, I collected the items and then made the rest of the trip home.

The dream changed after that to where Stephanie and I were at some kind of play, but I really dont' remember that part.

My dreams make less sense then Restless.

No comments: