Monday, July 07, 2003

It's like two posts in one!

Post #1

About the quote-ness. Feel free to comment about any of them that show up. And don't worry, I've provided a mix of humor and seriousness. I don't want this to be all doom and gloom. Also - if you've got any great quotes that you'd like me to throw in the mix, just contact me. And lastly, I think I might try moving them. Either to the sidebar amongst the "clutter" section, or perhaps all the way to the bottom. Or, I might just leave them where they're at. Feedback is, as always, greatly appreciated.

Post #2

About spoilers.
I'm grateful that most people are considerate enough to either provide spoiler space, or to disguise their spoilers with tags of some sort. When the blog was "Jejune to the Extreme", all I had to do to make spoilers invisible is make the text white. As you can see, that doesn't work anymore.
So, I've discovered a different way to make things safe for all the spoiler-phobes out there. Yay! It's kinda ugly, but aesthetics be damned!
Begin spoiler fortesting spoiler tags Highlight to view



This is a spoiler. Well, not really.

Hopefully that works.
ANywhat, I wanted to talk about spoilers in general. There doesn't seem to be any sort of 'standard' when it comes to spoilers on the web. I mean, most people will spoiler tag movies immeadiately after they've come out, but when do people stop spoiler tagging? I mean, is Matrix:Reloaded still spoiler-tagged? I've not seen it, so I would certainly hope so, but at the same time, most people have seen it, so most likely not. And there comes a time when you just have to stop. I mean, I really doubt that anyone would get upset if you don't spoiler tag the ending of, say, The Wizard of Oz. Begin spoiler forWizard of Oz Highlight to view



Darth Vader is Dorothy's father.

But I remember a while back I posted somethign about The Usual Suspects and someone got on me for not spoiler tagging the twist of the ending. Which I understand, but when does the Collective Conciousness decide that some movies everyone has seen?

And then there's books. I mean, right now, Harry Potter #5 is still being spoiler tagged (Thankfully. I havent' even seen the book. UPS better get here soon.) But I really don't think anyone is tagging #4 anymore. I just hope that I can avoid spoilers for #5 until I've read it. But, honestly, shouldn't books always be spoiler tagged? I mean, they've got a longer shelf-life than movies (heh. Pun.) and I would think that having a book ruined would be a larger disappointment than finding out that she's really a guy. [/Crying Game]
Of course, like everything else, there comes a line that must be drawn. I mean, should the Bible still be spoiler tagged? (Well, perhaps.)
Begin spoiler forthe end of the Bible Highlight to view



THEY ALL DIE!!

(thanks to Beth for the use of that) [wink]

And, since I'll be seeing T3 tomorrow, I'll go ahead and post my speculation (which is probably way wrong, but oh well.)Begin spoiler forT3 Speculation Highlight to view


John Connor will have sex with Claire Danes' character, who will end up pregnant. Her child will grow up to be Kyle Reese. [grin]


And UPS just showed up! YAY!!

No comments: