Thursday, October 19, 2006

My brain is working faster than the internet

And that's saying something.

The internet is being s-l-o-o-o-o-w right now especially blogger, but all sites have been sluggish.

It's taken nearly half an hour to get to the point where I could blog. But I did not give up! Go team persistence!

Anyway. Not a lot to say, but I did want to blog so as to continue my participation in Blogtober.

Miranda's youngest had her birthday party today, and so we all went down to the Las Vegas Mini Gran Prix, and had a pretty good time. There was something in the air, apparently, because first Steph got a big whoppin' case of deja vu, and then, once hers was over, about one minute later, I did. It was completely bizarre. Perhaps it had something to do with the fact that we went there for Saren's 8th birthday party.

Or maybe we're time travellers.
Or maybe the Matrix was being altered heavily.
Or maybe we think alike and were on the same wavelength.

N-E-Way.

The party was fun - despite the fact that Steph's camera batteries were dead and Saren is now officially too big to drive the kiddie-sized go-carts (they let her go anyway, but this was the last time she'll ever get to) and the woman at the top of the jumbo slide tried to give us grief about me going down the slide with Harper. Despite all that, a good time was had by all.

PLUS!! Miranda's husband has his pilot's license and (I believe) his own private plane. I spent a good 45 minutes or so picking his brain and finding out a lot of really interesting information that will help my NaNovel have a more authentic feel to it. That was totally awesome. Hell, even if I don't use any of the stuff he told me, it was still neat to find out about. Sure, I could probably have just looked the stuff up online, but there's something just... better about learning things from a real live human being. (No offense, internet.)

Today was apparently my info gathering day, because in addition to the pilot-talk, I conversed with Jupe about a good many things, such as blood type and food and terroristic attacks. (Hi, government!!)

Now, hopefully, I'll actually move beyond the 'research' stage and actually do some writing.

1 comment:

Miranda said...

You believe correctly, although he only owns a quarter share of the plane. Ask him for a ride sometime, he LOVES to take people flying!