Tuesday, October 10, 2006

10 10 day

Woo! Four years from now, it'll be 10/10/10. Oooh. Binaryesque.

Currently - 630pm - I am home alone. Woo! I'm gonna cause physical harm to would-be burglars Joe Pesci and that narrator from The Wonder Years, and then put aftershave on my face and scream comically. AND I'm gonna spawn 3 horrible sequels.

Oh. Um. SPOILER!! (Pretend I said that first.)

Okay then.

Oh, right. As I was saying, right now the rest of the family is out, having dinner with Miranda's family. So, I've got the house to myself. What do I do? Blog. I should totally be having a kegger right now, man. Alas, it is not to be. Maybe next time.
Instead, I think I'll just do some chores and straighten the place up a bit. That'll be a nice surprise for Steph to come home to. (The not so nice surprise she gets to come home to is the pile of freaking bills we got in the mail today. Jesus Christ, bill people - do you all have to demand money at the same time??)

You know what's weird? Three weeks from now it will be Halloween. Three! Er. I mean, weeks!! No, I mean, Halloween!!!
Dear Time,
stop going so damn quickly.
Thanks,
P@.

A few weeks back, I was thinkign to myself, "I wonder how different Harry Potter would be if Stephen King was the author."
The first major change I thought of was that there would be a lot higher death count.
Also, a lot more swearing.
And I bet Hogwarts would be in Maine somewhere.

Well, I should get to doing the cleaning if that's gonna happen. Before I go, I wanted to mention the movie I watched today (except for yesterday, I've watched at least one movie at work every [work]day in October so far. Yay!) - Future Force, which is by the same director of White Fury. (David A. Prior) Future Force was bad - nearly as bad as WF - but it was at least semi-enjoyable in that 'bad movie' type of way. It had David Carradine as a cop with a robotic arm in the future. (The future being 1993) The movie started with "In the year 1991, violence was out of control in America." Hee.
Anyway. The two awesomest parts
SPOILER!! (see, I'm learning)

were when David Carradine is bringing in a reporter who is under arrest for "treason" (she is being set up because she has an incriminating video [on a huge ass, ancient three quarter inch tape - lol] of the police chief) and she says, "I bet you think this is funny."
Carradine says, "So far, I haven't laughed once." and gives this look at the camera that totally lets you know he's in on how bad this movie is, but that he's at least having a good time.

The other great part was near the end with the robotic arm and a remote control. Carradine was fighting a thug and getting his butt kicked, when he pulled out the remote control for the robotic arm. Thug says, "What are you going to do with that? Change the channel on me?" (see, it's really bad dialouge)
He pushes a button, and the trunk of the car that has the box with the arm in it opens up.
He pushes the same button and the box holding the arm opens.
He pushes the SAME BUTTON and the arm levitates into the air.
He pushes the SAME BUTTON AGAIN and the arm rotates in mid-air.
Yet again, pushing the same button, and the arm begins to fly toward the thug.

The flying robotic arm begins to beat up the bad guy. (I'm assuming that David Carradine kept pushing that one magic button) When it was done, the hand formed the OK sign and then flew back into the box.
Hilarious shit.

Oh, and the end was great too. David Carradine and the woman get into his car and drive off. The camera sits in one location and just waits and watches as the car drives down the road, to a stop sign. The blinker comes on. The camera still sits there. Several other cars pass in front of it. Nearly 50 seconds pass, with Carradine's car just sitting at the intersection and nothing else going on. As he begins to turn, the credits finally roll.

Seeing really bad movies like that give me hope. Because if someone can get nonsense like THAT made, then I have a chance at getting something I create out there, too.

Okay. Now I really do need to get to cleaning.

1 comment:

Simon said...

I CALL KEGGER AT P@'S HOUSE!