Saturday, October 14, 2006

Water, water everywhere

I can not hear that phrase and NOT hear Homer's "So let's all take a drink" right after. Just another instance where the writers of the Simpsons have occupied some more memory from my brain.

Last night, into this morning, the rain storm from yesterday continued. Hard core. We lost power around 8am this morning, for about half an hour. There were at least two instances where the thunder was hard enough to cause the house to shake. The street we live on was essentially a river this morning, and when we went to drive out this afternoon after the storms had cleared away and the sun was shining, the streets were all covered with dirt and debris and looked semi-apocalyptic.

It's sprinkling outside now, but I think the majority of the storm has passed. It was pretty impressive while it lasted, though.

In other news... I don't think I have other news. Sorry folks. I guess to make it more interactive, I'll open up the floor to the P@riots out there to tell me about the weather where you are.

No comments: