Tuesday, September 23, 2003

Use the Force.

I've been sitting here staring at a blank screen, trying to force myself to come up with something to write for the past four minutes.

One could deduce that that meant that I did not really want to write or I didn't have anything to say, but was forcing myself to do it anyway. But did I really not want to write? Because, obviously, I'm writing now. Which must have meant that I did want to. That's one of those pop psychology things that I'm a little unclear on. If one does something, despite whining about it, does that mean that one really wanted to do it anyway? Because there are always options. [shrug] I don't even know what I"m talking about.

Last night's Everwood irritated me. The only good parts (and I'm being spoiler-friendly here) were the Buffy-connection, (hee. "Tabula Rasa.") and the thing that Andy Brown did with Ephram at the end. [up]

The rest was a fantastic illustration of how many parents believe it is their job to control every aspect of their children's lives. They don't trust their children to be happy (or not happy) with the choices that their children make.

Bah. I should leave this type of thing to Stephanie. She says it much better than I do.

In other news...oh. I don't have any other news.

No comments: