Friday, December 09, 2005

Happiness is a warm puppy

So sayeth Rerun. Out of the Peanuts characters, I think he might be my second favorite. Snoopy, of course, being #1.

First, story. Then, bunch of answers.

In the days when Herod was king of Judea, Mary was visited by an angel.
The angel said, "You shall bear a son and call Him Jesus."
In those days, everyone went to the city of his ancestors to be taxed.
Joseph had to go to Bethlehem, the city of David.
Joseph and Mary made the long journey together.
When they reached Bethlehem, the city was full of people. (who were maybe robots)
There was no room for Mary and Joseph at the inn.
Mary and Joseph had to stay in a stable.
That night, Jesus was born.

!!!! It's just like the angel predicted!! Wow! Side note - are there ever any stories where a prediction is made and it DOESN'T come true? Psychics are ALWAYS right in stories. [/pet peeve]
Also of note - Mary had Jesus not in a hospital, nor with a midwife, nor with any sort of medical intervention. Just sayin'.

Okay! Question time!!

What does America need right now?
Well, according to the television commercial I lifted the question from, some sort of Dodge Car Sale Event. Yeah. Lower priced gas guzzlers. That's what America needs right now.
To be honest, I don't know what America needs. I don't think anyone else does, either. In fact, I'd be very wary of anyone who has an answer to that question. They're most likely looking to control you in some way.

"And I wonder, still I wonder, who'll stop the rain?"
Er. I know that John Grisham wrote a book called The Rainmaker. Maybe he'll write a sequel called The Rainstopper.
This was Who'll Stop the Rain by Creedence Clearwater Revival. Lyrics (go word count!) are thusly:

Long as I remember
the rain been comin' down.
Clouds of myst'ry pouring
confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages,
try'n' to find the sun,
and I wonder, still I wonder,
who'll stop the rain.

I went down Virgina
seekin' shelter from the storm.
Caught up in the fable,
I watched the tower grow.
Five years plans and new deals,
wrapped in golden chains,
and I wonder, still I wonder,
who'll stop the rain.

Heard the singers playin'
how we cheered for more.
The crowd had rushed together,
trying' to keep warm.
Still the rain kept pourin',
fallin' in my ears,
and I wonder, still I wonder
who'll stop the rain.


Which seems to indicate that it wasn't really a question, but oh well.

What type of child were you? Or put another way, how would you describe yourself as a younger person?
Well, before being crushed by my parent's divorce and my stepbrother molesting me and the pressures of moving from place to place and feeling the need to excel in everything academic, I was a precocious little snot, from what I remember.
Heh. Precocious little snot.

What's it gonna look like twenty two thousand, six years from now? You know, December 9th, 4211?
It's just weird to think that there will even BE a 4211.

Pork?
No. No I am not.

How much paper do you throw away in a day? In a week? In a year?
If it's a (typical) work day, generally anywhere between 6 and 84 sheets of paper.
Weekends... less, but still quite a bit. I've not really kept track of paper tossed at home.
I'm afraid to even attempt to caclulate how much paper I dispose of in a year.

"Will you bite the hand that feeds you? Will you stay down on your knees?"
Yes. I gnaw on it pretty much daily.
And... yes? I mean no. Because I will need to stretch my legs at some point.
Also, I find it amusing (in a rather sad sort of way) that
a) The way I sing this song when it's on the radio. I change the tempo just enough to make it more of a swing or country type song. Something like that. Certain Linkin Park songs are done the same way. I can't explain it over the internet.
and
b) the whole MTV debacle with this song. Trent was going to perform this song at some MTV shindig, and his backdrop was going to be a picture of George W. Bush. MTV said, "Change the picture". Trent said, "no". MTV said, "Okay, we'll get the Foo Fighters"
Heh. Censorship is so hip!!
Anyway, the lyric was from The Hand That Feeds by Nine Inch Nails. Which I kinda want to get. Has anyone heard the entire album and or know if it is any good?
Here be the entire lyrics:

you're keeping in step
in the line
got your chin held high and you feel just fine
'cause you do what you're told
but inside your heart it is black it is hollow and it's cold

just how deep do you believe?
will you bite the hand that feeds?
will you chew until it bleeds?
can you get up off your knees?
are you brave enough to see?
do you wanna change it?

what if this all crusade's a charade
and behind it all there's a price to be paid
for the blood which we dine
justified in the name of the holy and the divine

just how deep do you believe?
will you bite the hand that feeds?
will you chew until it bleeds?
can you get up off your knees?
are you brave enough to see?
do you wanna change it?

so naive
I keep holding on to what i wanna believe
I can see
but i keep holding on and on and on and on

will you bite the hand that feeds you? will you stay down on your knees?
will you bite the hand that feeds you? will you stay down on your knees?
will you bite the hand that feeds you? will you stay down on your knees?
will you bite the hand that feeds you? will you stay down on your knees?
will you bite the hand that feeds you? will you stay down on your knees?
will you bite the hand that feeds you? will you stay down on your knees?
will you bite the hand that feeds you? will you stay down on your knees?
will you bite the hand that feeds you? will you stay down on your knees?



Ho hum. Bored now, what should I do instead?

Sleep. Well, publish post first, but then sign off and sleep.

No comments: