Saturday, May 31, 2003

The Jury Duty Saga continues...

So I called the number yesterday, and my date for jury selection has been moved to June 10th. (Remember, I originally got the summons in the mail around the first of May) However, I'm supposed to call them (again) on the night of the 9th to see if I'm even wanted. If they remain true to form, when I call on the 9th, I should be pushed back another 6 or 7 days. It's really amazing that anything gets done with our legal system the way it is. [sigh]

I can't believe that it's already June! (almost) The year is just flying by. In two weeks, I'll be 28. Heh. 28 is a neat number.
Tomorrow I gotta send out the June PMQ...and I think I didn't copy some people's questions. I got most of them, but I think there were a few that slipped by me. Damn.

Steph made these lists for things to do, which, normally makes me cringe, but for whatever reason (I blame a) getting older and b) the fucking heat), these lists seemed really ...good. I want to do the things on them. They're family-oriented lists, and have chores and outing ideas and just overall things to do to prove we're living. I don't think I'm making any sense, but I know what I mean, and that's all that matters. (I KNOW!!) My point, anyway, was that Steph is our family glue. And I'm beyond grateful that we've got her. Stephanie rules. You should all go read her blog and tell her as much. [up]

On the way into work, I had some vision of a Buffy-type character on a quest to battle against the Sadness Machine. That would be a giant steel contraption that causes mass sorrow in the world. Such a machine certainly would deserve an ass-kicking. But not nearly as much as the creator of such a monstrosity. Who would make a Sadness Machine? What the hell for? Sheesh.
Yeah, my brain is odd.

Actually, I think the idea was simply a mish-mash of Otherland (I'm rereading it right now. All you Matrix fans should get a copy as well. It's what The Matrix SHOULD have been), Buffy, and the Smashing Pumpkins (Melon Collie and the Infinite Sadness is the current tape I'm on). Still, my brain is odd.

I like italics, apparently. [doh2]

I had some other thing to blog about, but now I've forgotten what it was. Some other time, then.

No comments: