Thursday, May 01, 2003

So, to sum up the meeting today:

My job (and everyone's in Master Control) is going to change drastically in the next two months. No vacation time will be approved for the month of June, and mandatory overtime and/or long-days will be required of everyone for training on the new switcher and preparing for the move to the new building. Apparently, we're to be moved (and be starting news [fucking news]) on June 23rd. Which means all of the operators need to be trained and ready to roll before then.

Also - there were rumors of a dress code being implemented. GRRRRRRRRRR. Although Greg (our supervisor's supervisor) said that he would talk to Upper Management about allowing jeans. If it turns out that jeans aren't allowed, I'm just gonna show up to work pantless. We'll see how well they like them apples.

What else?

The girls are havign a "picnic" right now. They've spread out a blanket on the living room floor, and brought out a plethora of stuffed animals and dolls who are the "guests" of the picnic. If I weren't so damn tired, I'd join them.

We made up stories earlier. Saren told a very creative tale about Princess Wackywoo (she was named that because she was always wacky, and she always said "woo") being turned into a unicorn, and how Princess Saren made a spell to revert her back to her human form. [up]

I made up some sleep-deprived nonsense about a group of people looking for the "lost pyramid" in a jungle. They encountered some quicksand, but some fast thinking and use of rope resulted in the crisis being averted.
Chapter two was simply: "They found the door."

Earlier I was takign the laundry out of the dryer and I just totally lost my train of thought.

Don't worry, another one will be along in a minute.

I have a semi-ammusing post idea for the WD, but I just do not have the strength to log in to make it. And today is the first, so the new PMQ should be going out. Damn my laziness. Damn it to meh!

No comments: