Friday, May 23, 2003

Good lord, too much has happened to update on. I can't wait until we're all Matrix-y, and then people can just download my memory files. It'll be like telepathy, only...cooler. Plus, it'll be freakin easier as hell.

Going back several days, Jury Duty was a bust. Apparently the day before the courthouse had a power outtage, and they dumped everyone who was there that day out, asking them to return on the next day. So when I arrived Wednesday morning, so did a majority of folks who had been there on Tuesday.

So, to make a long story short (too late [grin]), about 200 of us were asked to come back on the 27th. We'll see what happens.

What else? Oh! Buffy ended. I made a really long, somewhat angry post that nobody read or responded to. (I'll put a link in later, because I want at least the important people to read it. [feedback would make me happy too. ;)])
Um...

Thursday was HELL. I stayed up until at least 3 am, and had to be to work at 7. There was a time at work during that UTP@ day when everything was funny. And then I got VERY grumpy, which was not so much fun. And then on the drive home, I fell asleep and got into an accident. (not really, but it's amazing that it didn't go down that way)

Today was better. I actually got some sleep, so I wasn't operating at lower than optimum brain capacity (ha ha ha). I also (obviously) got to go back online for the first time in several days. (Yay for playing catch up. [rolleyes])
Also, I spoke to Annika (briefly) and everything is all set for tomorrow. WOO!
Of course, when I say "everything" what I really mean is "everything but cleaning the house, which is totally unpresentable". [sigh]
I should be cleaning rather than typing, but guess what's gonna end up winning in that battle of the wills.

And the highlight of the day, of course, was meeting Matt and Becky. They're truly nice people, and very funny to boot. We didn't exactly tear up the town (we stayed inside the Excalibur - and mostly at the midway), but I think everyone had an enjoyable time. Tomorrow should be more "adult" since we won't have the girls with us, and there will be 6 of us. Bang Pow!

Erm...I guess that's all. I feel like I'm forgetting something incredibly important, and I probably am, but I guess it'll hit me later. In the meantime, I need to get the girls to sleep, and then finish washing the dishes. Hopefully I won't slice my finger open. Because while getting out of washing the dishes would be nice, losing another finger is a bit of a steep price to pay.

No comments: