Sunday, May 04, 2003

Man, I haven't posted in forever.

I'd almost forgotten what the internet was like.

Okay, there's really only one thing on my mind right now, and that would be the season finale of Alias.

I hope the tags work.
[Begin spoiler for "Second Double" and "The Seeing" highlight to view -]
DUDE!!!!!
The thing that irks me the most, is the waiting to find out. Cliffhangers SUCK!!
Although, the fanwanking (read: speculation) has already begun in earnest around these parts, and I will now share the most entertaining (or not) theories with my appreciative audience. (That would be you)

It's obvious to me that the Telling is a time machine. Syd was put into it (probably by Sloan) and put into the future (or, rather a possible future). The stuff to back me up on this theory:
Sloan's dialouge with Jack in Mexico City included the following bits:
[-] "It took me a long time - longer than I thought. But I got them [the Rimbaldi artifacts]."
[-] "I've seen what's possible."
[-] "We'll see each other again, Jack."

Also, the part where SpyMommy was on the ledge of the building was a total nod to Back to the Future. When she jumped off, she should have been saved by a flying DeLorean.

Speaking of SpyMommy - remember her message to Sydney from about 5 episodes back? "Truth Takes Time". Mm-hmm.

The thing that doesn't quite fit into this theory is the scar. If she were simply transported two years into the future, her wounds shouldn't have had time to heal. So maybe she was just held captive somewhere for the past 730 days...

And was the scar from the fight with the FrancieBot? Or...is there maybe a SydneyBaby out there?

And why didn't SpyDaddy come in to talk to her? [frown]

And why do I have to wait all summer to find out?!?!
[sigh]

Steph came up with the best idea, though. Next season will pick up where it left off. Syd and Vaughn walk out of that room, and all of the CIA are in the next room, and yell, "Surprise!!" I love my wife.

Oh. I forgot to mention that Sydney must have the cheapest furniture in the world. Maybe she buys it at the same place Buffy gets hers from?
[end spoiler]

No comments: