Sunday, May 11, 2003

I am so tired of being tired.

Anyone remember that PSA from several years back, that said (something along the lines of) "Nobody ever says they want to be a druggie when they grow up" ?

While that may or may not be true, I somehow doubt that anyone ever says, "When I grow up, I want my life to have an empty, unfillable void. I want to join the Rat Race and go to a job I loathe five days a week for forty years. I want to spend years neglecting my dreams and desires and instead fitter them watching hours upon hours of mind-numbing bad television, and surfing time-wasting websites. When I grow up, I hope my soul is a black hole of depression and crappiness, and I need drugs to escape the banality and cruelity of life."

Or maybe some people do say that, and they don't get what they want either.


Wow. This isn't meaning to sound as depressing as it's coming across. I'm just kinda in a haze (or daze. Or zone. Or something.) and I haven't really given much thought about what I'm saying.

On the way home from work today, I came incredibly close to running over a stray dog. Luckily, I slowed down, but sheesh, that animal had some balls to just strut into the middle of the road like he owned the thing.

Do you ever have times when you just want to smash ugly things? When you wish there were some sort of weaker, uglier alien race nearby that we could conquer? And anytime that you had rage issues, you'd just storm over and beat the tar out of one of them?

Guess it's just me, then.

I think I need to get drunk.

No comments: