Saturday, November 13, 2004

Weekend Update!

Since I have nothing of importance to blog about today, I figured I'd read the news today (oh boy!). Just to find out what the people who control the media think we ought to know.

Here's a sampling, with some fun witty comments by yours truly following!

Dick! ~ Yup, Dick Cheney's having heart problems again. Which is surprsing to me, since I wasn't sure the man had a heart. They say that the body and mind are connected. Or maybe the Universe is trying to tell him something. Of course, if he does actually die, like the head of a hydra, there would just be another monster to replace him.

Zzzzap! ~ Recipe for disaster: Take authority figures, add tazer guns, mix in children. Stir.

Well, duh! ~ Finally Scott Peterson was found guilty. Also, why is any of this of importance? I don't know Scott. I didn't know Laci. Their lives should not be in the news. But, of course, I've tried to make this aruguement with the president and political figures before, to little avail. I just don't see why we're being told about this court case. Or any court case, for that matter. That being said, I hope they kill the fucker.

How's that War on Terror coming along? ~ I've got Rage Against The Machine's Killing in the Name stuck in my head.

Hollywood is magical ~ They can clone Tom Hanks!!

Fungus among us ~ This fungus just wanted to come to America, the land of opportunity! Soybean rust. Hmm. Well, you reap what you sow.

Micro$oft news ~ Phew! I wouldn't want Bill Gates to lose any money.

That was kinda fun. Maybe I'll make that a regularish feature.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Dude. Do you get your "news" from briefly scanning the AOL Welcome box before you close it and go about your online business, like I do?

Also, "Cello"? Inspired. [/enigmatic]

Simon said...

I'm with you on the court cases thing. Sometimes the media takes a case and runs with it, as if it serves some purpose to do so. All that happens is that it increases the culture of fear.

Which is a big load.

Annika said...

I approve of this feature.

Anonymous said...

Your mention of Rage Against The Machine has taken me right back to the Stoke Party and a bunch of us doing the Macarena while chanting, "Fuck you - I won't do what you tell me to....aaaaand jump to the right - NOW!"

Aaaahhh, happy times...

~CosmicAvatar