Friday, November 19, 2004

otional benefits package

For those who are wondering, this title (and the one before it) were gleemed (gleaned?) from whatever odd scraps of paper have been lying around me when I begin to blog. It's great for coming up with titles when I have no title readily available.

I was thinking today on the drive home about how it's November 19th, and while the idea of shopping for Xmas is in the air (and on the air) the idea of Xmas...isn't. People aren't being more considerate toward one another, or smiling more or anything like that. The holiday is supposed to be something to strive for year round, and while I know that's impractical and impossible... I don't know. It just hit me how November 19th is not considered special. I can't explain it because I didn't really understand it myself. Forget I said anything.

There does seem to be something in the air lately, though. Or on the internet, maybe. Vibes are strange things. God, why do I even talk?

My stomach is empty. I've had to eat today: A bologna sandwich, two pieces of KFC chicken, some candy. Healthy!

You know what's weird? When someone you

You know what's really weird? When you decide mid sentence to not even bother finishing the thought. Well, maybe not so much 'weird' as 'annoying'. Sorry.

Also weird? Numbers.

And a lot of other things. Like, everything.

Merry November 19th, everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy November 19th, yourself.

And titles from scraps of paper? Sounds like an even better gimmick than using Buffy and Angel ep titles. [wink]

~CosmicAvatar

p.s. Numbers aren't just weird. They're scary.

Mindi Scott said...

My co-worker would disagree that November 19th isn't special -- it's her birthday.

I liked that you didn't finish that sentence. Things like that keep me on my toes. "Wait! He didn't finish the sentence! Ohhhhh. I get it."

Simon said...

Oh, no, man, numbers are not weird. They make sense in more ways than you can imagine!