Thursday, November 18, 2004

include bread, veggies and meat.

ANother very tired day. Tiring. Whatev.

News of the moment that made me ...happy, I guess. ABC is moving Alias to Wednesday's, right after Lost! It'll be J.J.Abrams night! Woo. and hoo.

I'm not quite UTP@, but pretty close. Be. Largh.

Let's see, what else? Tomorrow the SpongeBob SquarePants Movie opens. Hooray! Except that I'm sure I'll wait until it comes out on video. But I will see it someday.

This is becoming a very "and then I made a cheese sandwich" entry. Yawn.

You know what's hard to keep in mind? The fact that people you see on TV are just that - PEOPLE. Politicians are human! It's really really difficult to remember that that is a fact. I think they forget, too. Celebrities, models, other people driving on the freeway, news anchors, terrorists. They're all homo sapiens sapiens. I wonder why that's such a hard thing to keep in the forefront of one's brain. Everyone is a person, who has feelings and thoughts and dreams. They each have desires and wants. They all poop. They all eat. They all emerged from a mother.

I think we forget that too often. And, like I said, I think sometimes the people I mentioned forget that they are people too. Some supermodels came into town a few days back - some Victoria's Secret thing...I don't know what the deal was, it was a secret - and it just hit me that all the attention that these women were recieving (and do recieve, like ALL the time) probably made it difficult for them to remember that they're just like the rest of us. They will age. They will die. They shed tears. And skin cells. Just because they've been deemed extremely photogenic (and they were) doesn't shouldn't grant them special uberhuman privileges.
Just because politicians dress up in suits and have lots of pieces of paper...they're still animals.

I don't know. This ramblingness ties in closely with the epiphany I mentioned a few days back, but at this moment, neither thought seems to be making much sense. Guess that's because I'm a human being.

2 comments:

Annika said...

But did you make a cheese sandwich? DID YOU?

Simon said...

The film opens here soon too! I'm toying with the idea of going.

*toys*