Friday, November 05, 2004

military monkey men might make movies

Yeah, I don't know either.

I saw the trailer for Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith today. At work! On our "news"!! Which is pretty darn neat, considering. The movie will most likely be as horrible as the other two, but the trailer did leave me feeling slightly optimistic that it'll be worth the 20 bucks to go see it with Steph. Only 7 more months of waiting to find out. [doh2]

Also, in case anyone was living in a cave (or, um, outside of the US...or inside the US, but wasn't watching the WB for the past two weeks or so) this Sunday is the NETWORK TELEVISION PREMIERE OF THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING. [/dramatic voice] I swear if I see another trailer for that I'll ...I don't know what. BUt seriously, I know it's impressive and all, and they've most likely got a lot riding on the amount of viewers they expect to pull in, but do they have to mention it in EVERY COMMERCIAL BREAK?

This Sunday, of course, is also the season premiere of The Simpsons. Year 16. Sixteen! Woohoo! So, if we watch any of LOTR:TFOTR, we'll be missing at least a half hour of it. Sorry, Frodo.

Question about the Star Wars ...sextilogy (? I know that's not the word (or even really a word at all) but I can't locate what I'm looking for). Are we meant to watch them in the order 1,2,3,4,5,6? Or are people meant to watch them in the order 4,5,6,1,2,3? Because if you watch them 1-6, the "surprise" of Yoda in Empire Strikes Back...isn't a surprise. We meet Yoda early on, and we know he goes into hiding. But in Empire, Luke doesn't know that the little green creature stealing his food is the Jedi Master he's looking for. I think because of this (and probably other reasons as well) we're meant to watch them in the 4-6 then 1-3 order. Or maybe just ignore the 1-3 films altogether.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Or maybe just ignore the 1-3 films altogether.Ding ding ding ding!

Although, seriously, dude, the trailer was awesome. Why must they play with my emotions this way!!

Anonymous said...

"...just ignore the 1-3 films altogether."

Yeah, that one.(Says the one who never bothered to watch 2).

Anonymous said...

Because if you watch them 1-6, the "surprise" of Yoda in Empire Strikes Back...isn't a surprise.Not to mention the surprise Vader has for Luke in Empire...when I saw it in the cinema I was absolutely blown away. (OK, most people know this one by now, but there might be a few people who'll appreciate it.) Besides, there's a little joke here or there in 1-3 that is only going to make you grin if you've seen 4-6 already.

So my vote: 4,5,6,1,2,3.

~CosmicAvatar