Friday, April 06, 2012

answers, such as they are

It's funny (not funny 'ha ha', but funny, 'hm'), I actually have a number of things that I want to blog about this month. Or, you know, at some point. But most likely this month while I'm on my 'blog every day this month' kick.
That's not the funny part (or, I guess, it could be, depending on your sense of humor). The funny part is that even though I have a growing list of possible blog entries in my brain, I am, yet again, finding myself at the end of the day, near exhaustion, with no ...whatever that word I'm looking for is.

But, upside? That means in the next few days (weeks?) when I've got more time to sit and blog, I'll totally have something to say! Exciting!

In the meantime, today's entry is gonna be me replying to the boq from 2 days back.

Like this:

If you could make a phone call to yourself 15 years in the past - but you could only speak for 10 seconds - what would you say? 
You know, I kinda do remember getting a bizarre phone call roughly fifteen years ago. The unidentified voice told me "ask her what kind of writing she does - it's a perfect pick up line." 
Death Star vs. Borg Cube. Which would win?
Resistance is futile. Borg FTW.
What songs/artists have you been listening to lately? Or, conversely, what song did you last hear on the radio (or internet or television or wherever)?
New (to me) artists that I'm really enjoying: Foxy Shazam, Local H, Garfunkel & Oates, Gotye*, Negativland.


Last song I heard on the radio on the drive home was "Such Great Heights" by Postal Service, which I'm frankly kinda tired of.


*I still like to randomly pronounce this band as either: Goat, Goat-yeah, Got ye, Go tie, Gyaaatee, or Goaty. And that is despite the fact that Amy did tell me the correct pronouncetiaon ...and of course, I don't recall what that was. Also, I don't know whether to applaud them or curse them for "Now You're Just Somebody That I Used to Know", because that phrase just does. not. leave. my. brain.

The Terminator franchise - what should be done with it?
I'd like to read (or write it myself, but I think reading it would be more likely) a remake of the original story where the T-800 is the protaganist. It would be a tragic tale, of course, because the evil humans win in the end, but I'd like to see it told from the Terminator's POV. (Or Skynet's?)
Also, I wouldn't mind visiting the timeline wherein the Sarah Connor Chronicles television series received a 3rd season.
Also also, my Year Zero story had some moments of brilliance.


Life is pretty crazy when you think about it. 
That's not a question. Also, life is pretty crazy even when you DON'T think about it.


go to wikipedia, and click on "random article". What'd you get?
Evidence-based pharmacy in developing countries. 
Suppose you go to a corner store, and when there, a group of teens ask you to buy them some alcohol. Despite it being against the law to do so, you do. Now, suppose the teens drink the alcohol, and then get into an accident. Who is at fault?

It's fobody's nault!


Now, same situation as above, but let's add a twist  - what if the teens get into an accident WITH YOU - and end up injuring you. ...could you sue them?

Dude. This is America. You HAVE to sue them.

No comments: