Friday, June 20, 2003

From my "To Do Before I Die" list:

  • Change the world

  • Shake hands with a president

  • Call Soupytwist

    That's right! Yesterday I actually worked up the noive [/cowardly lion] and phoned one of my WD idols.

    Granted, I was shaking like a leaf during the entire conversation, but the fact remains that I actually did it! Woo! I'd been wanting to do this for a while, but yesterday was the day. Why that day? Because I was concerned about her after reading an entry in her blog. Aww.
    The funniest thing about the phone call was the beginning. When Chainsaw answered, and I told her who I was, there was a 2 second pause, and then she bellowed: REALLY!?!?! heee. It was totally an Elaine (Get out!!) type of moment. Hee.

    Soupy had candy for dinner. And it was German candy!! I'm envious. I guess that's a benefit of living in the Pacific Northwest. You get to have imported sweets for dinner.

    In other (much less exciting) news, yesterday I had the air in the tires refilled. And isn't it kinda neat that 2000 pounds of metal can move around on stone roadways carried along on nothing but four pieces of rubber filled with air? Man, even though we humans are really great at fucking the planet up, we do acomplish some amazing things.

    In work related news, I'm totally going to go ballistic if people don't start carrying their weight around here. I don't mind doing other people's jobs for them, but if I'm going to have to, I should get their paychecks too. Freakin' bums.

    Tomorrow is the b-day party for my step-sister's step-daughter. [eyebrow] That would be my...step-step-niece? Bah. Families. Anywhat, it's Chuck E. Cheese, so I'm sure by the time I get to work I'll be emotionally and physically drained. That place is a vampire, I swear.

    Let's see...what else? OH! I'll be linking to blogs on the side, so if you'd like to be included in the link-fest, just let me know.

    I'm wondering which is more wild - my hair, or the backyard. I'm thinking the yard, but not by much.

    I finished reading From a Buick 8 today. Feh. It was not one of Stephen King's better works. Which reminds me of something I need to post...but it'll have to wait until later. I'm at work and dont' have the time to do it right now.
  • No comments: