Monday, November 06, 2006

regurgitate

A few days back, Steph read some advice about NaNo that she read to me. It was (paraphrased) "The key to NaNo is to lower your expectations from 'best seller' to 'won't make someone vomit'.".

I think my Wolf story is a notch or two above the puke level. Or at least, I hope it is.

Today I wrote some 200, 250 words while at work. And then I lost it all. Talk about wanting to throw up.

And, yeah, 250 words isn't that much, but the slowness that Wolf has been coming, every word counts. At this point, I'm pretty much not gonna even try to hit 50,000. I just want to get the story out. (Although you got to wonder why I keep trying to force something that doesn't seem ready to be born. Hmmm.)

In other news, we just got back from the libe, where I picked up Ginger Snaps, An American Werewolf in London, Stephen King's Cycle of the Werewolf, Weezer's Make Believe CD, and The Husband by Dean Koontz.

And now, it's time for Heroes.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Encouragement! I don't see anything wrong with making your own goals, as long as you pursue them with as much enthusiasm.

Anonymous said...

Ouch. 250 is a lot to lose. I hope you're able to recreate it.

In happier news, Ginger Snaps! Flawed, but awesome! And the sequels are really good.

We watched An American Werewolf in London a week or two ago and I loved it. It holds up a lot better than The Howling.