Thursday, November 24, 2005

There is no "D". But you have a free spin.

Yes, we are watching Wheel of Fortune right now. Or, rather, it's on. The older girls are running around the house, the youngest is having nee-nee, and I am blogging.

And, hey! It was "Charleston, South Carolina", which is where I was born. I think. (Yes, I don't know my own hometown. It's either Charleston or Conway. Or Myrtle Beach.)

ANyway.

TOday was the day of Thanks, and it was pretty good. The turkey and mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes and corn and green beans and rolls and sparkling apple cider and cranberry sauce was awesomely good.

We watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, and the Rockettes at the beginning gave me goosebumps. It was totally like a scene from 1945.

Steph's oldest brother came by for a little while, before the food was finished cooking, and played with the girls for a spell.

I helped Irina get to sleep by speaking to her in parseltongue. She totally loves Voldemort.

I still need to purchase a Pepsi so that I remain healthy - Steph is sick already. [frown]

That's about all, I guess. I did no work on my story, because ...I don't know why. There is less than one week to go, and I have over half to go still. Oy. Maybe I'll work on it tonight during Finding Nemo. Maybe.

Anyway, I hope that everyone had a glorious 4th Thursday of November... OH! I rememeber what I was going to blog about!
Today in history!

This was the day in 1963 that Jack Ruby shot Lee Harvey Oswald (on live television!!), thus forever giving conspiracy theorists wet dreams. (hee.)

Also, in 1971 on this day, D. B. Cooper (who actually only went by the name Dan Cooper, but a media mix up resulted in D. B. sticking. Funny how often things like that work)... um. Oh. RIght. D. B. Cooper got away with his skyjacking. Only 200,000 dollars. Man. That doesn't seem like a lot of money. Of course, it was the 70s, so maybe it was more then. But I think if you're going to risk prison and/or death, that you should ask for a bit more cash in return. But then, maybe he wasn't a greedy guy.

And in some other century on this date, Charles Darwin's The Origin of Species was first published. It sold out on the first day. Just like Harry Potter!

I do love Wikipedia. It provideth the mucho info.

So, now that I've rambled about everything, I'll close up. And say that I hope everyone had an enjoyable and relaxing Thanksgiving Day.

No comments: