Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Day One.

Done. And I'm feeling pretty good about it. (NaNo, that is.) Steph added the nifty little counter and NaNoWriMo icons. Which hopefully are visible now. The table entry from a few weeks back was making them show up at the bottom of our screens, but I know people use different browsers, so your mileage may vary, as they say.

Anyway, I managed to finish my first chapter AND the prolouge and get in 17...something words. I believe it's 1725, but not absolutely sure. Either way, impressive. Even better, though, is the fact that I'm pretty happy with it. There are things in there that are all foreshadowy and clever. Like when you read Harry Potter (or any good book, really) and then at the end go back and see that there were clues there all along. Good stuff, man.

Of course, like I was telling Steph, the fact that I've been carrying this story along with me for nearly a decade probably helps. [tongue]

So. It's pretty late now, but I'm not tired. Sigh. All day long I was exhausted beyond belief. Now that it's time to go to sleep, I don't want to. Oh well. Better force myself to get some rest. Tomorrow is another day.

No comments: