Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Half way!!

I hit 25,014 words in my story today!! Bitchin'!! Now, if I can simply duplicate the work it took me 29 days to accomplish in 24 hours, I'll be totally styling.

Oh well. At least my word count in my blog is coming along semi nicely. I mean, yeah, I'm still just barely past the half way mark, and only have one month to go, but I am feeling very confident about it. I might not hit 200,005 but I'll come damn close trying.

Also, I;ve discovered the great thing about boqs in my blog. They provide 2 days worth of posts. Granted, the way to get lots of comments seems to be to ask one question (which is what Annika did with both "Can Green Lantern fight someone with blonde hair?" and "What is friendship?" One question = lots of replies. Many (or, colloquially, a "bunch of") questions = not so many replies, but more words. Hmmm. Also, i think being Annika may have something to do with the number of responses, but I have no way of being Annika to test that theory. Although...there is this bizarre crawlway behind my desk at work....)

Anyway. Time to answer my own bunch o' questions from yesterday and possibly ask another (single??) question (s??) at the end. Whhheeeee!!


What forms of self defense do you know?
Conflict aversion 101. Dude, I'm the fuckin Master of avoidance.
Also, sarcasm and cynicism.
Oooh! And! I use my books and my poetry to protect me. Heh.
Also, I took Tae Kwon Do for about a month and a half when I was 13. Stand back, potential attackers!

?drawkcab evah elpoep emos taht gnihtemos si tahW
I like how backward spelled backward looks like drawback. That;s just cool.
As for the question itself - I'll give my controversial answer: .eussi epanS elohw ehT

"Didn't I, didn't I, didn't I see you cryin'?"
If this were on the WD my answer would be:
[crying]
Yes.

Since it isn't, my answer is thus:
I just want you to want me!! Hee. (Also, Kirk took my answer.)

And, this was Didn't I See You Crying (I Want You to Want Me) by Cheap Trick. The lyrics (go word count!) are as such:
I want you to want me
I need you to need me
I'd love you to love me
I'm begging you to beg me

I want you to want me
I need you to need me
I'd love you to love me

I'll shine up the old brown shoes
Put on a brand-new shirt
I'll get home early from work
If you say that you love me

Didn't I, didn't I
Didn't I see you crying
Oh, didn't I, didn't I
Didn't I see you crying
Feeling all alone without a friend
You know you feel like dying
Oh, didn't I, didn't I
Didn't I see you crying

I want you to want me
I need you to need me
I'd love you to love me
I'm begging you to beg me

I'll shine up the old brown shoes
Put on a brand-new shirt
I'll get home early from work
If you say that you love me

Didn't I, didn't I
Didn't I see you crying
Oh, didn't I, didn't I
Didn't I see you crying
Feeling all alone without a friend
You know you feel like dying
Oh, didn't I, didn't I
Didn't I see you crying

Feeling all alone without a friend
You know you feel like dying
Oh, didn't I, didn't I
Didn't I see you crying

I want you to want me
I need you to need me
I'd love you to love me
I'm begging you to beg me

I want you to want me
I want you to want me
I want you to want me
I want you to want me


Out of every song EVER, where does Welcome to the Jungle by Guns n' Roses fall? Top thousand? Top million? Higher?
#470,052,318. It's tied for that, by the way.

My feet are cold, I'm hungry, I want a Pepsi really badly, and I have a slight headache. How are you feeling right now?
My tongue is burned, and my neck is sore, but I'm doing okay, really.

"Is someone getting the best, the best, the best, the best of you?"
How does one fight Foo, anyway?
Also, I would hope that the Steph is.
Also, I am really really tired of that song now. (I used to like it.)
It is Best of You by the Foo Fighters.
Lyrics!
I've got another confession to make, I'm your fool
Everyone's got their chains to break, holding you
Were you born to resist, or be abused?
Is someone getting the best, the best, the best, the best of you?
Is someone getting the best, the best, the best, the best of you?
Are you gone and on to someone new?
I needed somewhere to hang my head, without your noose
You gave me something that I didn't have, but had no use
I was too weak to give in, too strong to lose
My heart is under arrest again, but I break loose
My head is giving me life or death, but I can't choose
I'll swear I'll never give in, I'll refuse
Is someone getting the best, the best, the best, the best of you?
Is someone getting the best, the best, the best, the best of you?
Has someone taken your faith? It's real
The pain you feel?
Your trust?
You must confess.
Is someone getting the best, the best, the best, the best of you?
Has someone taken your faith? Its real.
The pain you feel?
The life? The love, you died to hear?
The hope that stops the broken hearts?
Your trust?
You must confess
Is someone getting the best, the best, the best, the best of you?
Is someone getting the best, the best, the best, the best of you?
I've got another confession my friend, I'm no fool
I'm getting tired of starting again, somewhere new
Were you born to resist, or be abused?
I swear I'll never give in, I'll refuse
Is someone getting the best, the best, the best, the best of you?
Is someone getting the best, the best, the best, the best of you?
Has someone taken your faith? It's real.
The pain you feel?
Your trust?
You must confess
Is someone getting the best, the best, the best, the best of you?


Go find a radio, turn it on. What song - or commercial, or whatever - is playing?
You know, I had to reword this to make it in the form of a question. Originally it was "Tell me what song - or commercial, or whatever- is playing." But I switched it up so I would not get a deluge (okay, two) answers of "That's not a question." [/history]

*turns on radio onto 100.5, Jack FM*
It's "Fooled Around and Fell In Love" by... um, whoever sings "Fooled Around and Fell in Love" (yes, I'm too lazy to google it up.) Of course, in the time that it took me to write that all, the song ended, and now it's an AC/DC song (You Shook Me All Night Long) Ugh. *turns off radio in disgust*

What book would make a kick ass movie? What movie would be better as a book?
Practically any Robert J. Sawyer book adapted into film would get me into the theater.
I'd bet The Matrix trilogy would have made for an interesting (and more comprehensible) set of (comic??) books.

Computers are stupid, aren't they?
"That date is in the past."
I rest my case, your honor.

"Well do you, do you, do you wanna, do you wanna go where I'd never let you before?"
Mmmmm. Forbidden doughnut.
This is the (unfortunately) highly infectious Do You Want To by Franz Ferdinand.
(also, did anyone catch the theme with the lyrics this time?)
Speaking of lyrics, here they be!

When I woke up tonight I said I'm
Going to make somebody love me
I'm going to make somebody love me
Now I know
Now I know
Now I know
That it's you
You're lucky lucky you're so lucky
Well do you
Do you
Do you want to
Want to go where I'd never let you before
Well do you
Do you
Do you want to
Want a go of what I'd never let you before
Well he's a friend and he's so proud of you
He's a friend and I knew him before you
He's a friend and we're so proud of you
He's a friend and I blew him before you
Here we are at the Transmission party
I love your friends - they're all so arty


What do you think our car's mileage will be at the end of the year? (as of 2pm PST on 11/28/05, it is at 138695.)
141,071.

What do you think my word count (in my blog) will be at the end of the year?
200,004. Hee.

and finally...

Why don't you ask a question now?
Well, okay then. I think I will. You know, since I said that I would ask my one question at the end of this. So here it is:

Why is it easier to destroy than to create?
And isn't destruction actually a form of creation?

Okay, so it was two questions instead of one. But still.

2 comments:

Amy said...

The opposite of creation is war. According to Jonathan Larson.

Annika said...

I would be really impressed if you found a way to be me. Especially if it were for scientific purposes!

Also, "200,004. Hee." is 200,004 plus one word. Hmm...