Monday, June 14, 2004

you're older than you've ever been

And now you're even older.

It's been a very mellow day.

Aside from needing a Pepsi, I can't think of anything I want. Just spent the day with the family, playing BanjoKazooie and posting here and there on the WD. Staying inside from the triple digit weather is a good thing.

Later, I'll probably take the girls to the library. The libe is having a reading campaign for the summer - if the kids read a certain number of books, they get prizes. (5 for a free bag, 10 for a coupon to Dairy Queen for a free ice cream, etc) Saren cashed in on hers yesterday, but Harper didn't have an entry form, so we grabbed one then. Today she spent the morning reading her books and is all set to get her free gifts.

Thankfully tomorrow is payday. We are BROKE.
Unthankfully, tomorrow I have to go to work. Another 8 hours of my life (9 if you count driving time) devoted to someone other than me and my loved ones. [sigh]
But! Thankfully, I have Friday and Saturday off. (Homeschooling conference! Sandra Dodd!)

I think I'll go get ready for the library. And maybe take the girls out to get ice cream.

...And now you're older still.

4 comments:

Jess said...

Happy birthday for yesterday, dude. I love the reading bribery idea, too. Heh.

Anonymous said...

Libe. Now there's a word that I should hear more often.

Simon

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday for ... t'other day.

And [heart] right back.

Amy said...

Dude, it was your birthday?