Friday, June 18, 2004

Dumb.

Me.

Ya big dummy!

Hee.

So, anyway. A lot of people are. Myself included. You are, too!

The title, though, has multiple meaning today. (I like when I can arrange that. Makes me feel clever.) I met Sandra Dodd today. And, for the most part, I was stupidly tongue-tied. It was enough to simply listen to her speak. I didn't attend her actual speech (the girls weren't allowed in the room [due to the fact that the speech was being recorded and they didn't want children disrupting the audio, which makes sense, but you've got to marvel at the irony of children not being allowed at a homeschooling conference] so I took them to the park while Steph stuck around), but did get to sit with her for about 10 minutes afterword, where I simply sat there, not adding to the conversation at all. I'm so socially retarded.

She's speaking again tomorrow, and the plan is for Steph to go somewhere with the girls while I attend. I'm looking forward to it. Heck, maybe I'll even find it in myself to say something. Although if I do, it'll probably be something dumb.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bet you surprise yourself.

Simon