Saturday, June 26, 2004

So much for the everyday.

Oh well. Two days missed. I've got 104 emails to sift through. People talk a lot.

I am so freaking hungry.

Wow, I'm boring.

I don't have anything to talk about. Odd thought of the day, though - they (you know they) found traces of perchlorate in milk in California. Nobody seems to know how it got there (although I read a theory that since it's been found in the drinking water of 17 states (!!!) that the cows probably drank it first) but the thing that gets me is that there's an "acceptable" level! It seems that levels of perchlorate don't harm humans until they reach levels of 6 parts per billion (or, as high as 100 parts per billion, depending on the research you want to believe [doh2]), so as long as the level of a chemical used in rocket fuel that you are consuming is below the hazardous mark, it's perfectly fine. Shouldn't it be unacceptable to have any??

In other news, I HATE the fact that I can't go online at work.

8 comments:

Annika said...

If we consume enough of this chemical, will we be able to fly? That would be wicked cool.

Fool said...

Yes, but nothing in completely safe. In fact, it's *impossible* to be completely safe. It's all about acceptable limits of safety, I'm afraid. Keep your ppm at/below the lowest number quoted and that's the best you can get.

CassyLee said...

Sure, just as I'm getting back in the habit of having milk & cereal for breakfast. And going back to half & half instead of non-dairy creamer in my coffee. Typical of the fates to mock me this way!

Because it's all about me.

Amy said...

Aw, come on. A little jet fuel is good for you! It probably won't enable you to fly, though. It probably just gives you gas.

Anonymous said...

What a strange... thing. Rocket fuel, you say? Hmmm.

Simon

Anonymous said...

Yes, I see gas as a result of such chemical reactions. Of course, this gas will probably launch you through the roof and into orbit. Which... which...

Well, it would be kind of cool if it wasn't illegal.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I see gas as a result of such chemical reactions. Of course, this gas will probably launch you through the roof and into orbit. Which... which...

Well, it would be kind of cool if it wasn't illegal.

-Lucas

Amanda said...

I kinda like the idea of being able to consume rocket fuel. You know, kinda like developing an immunity to iocane powder.