Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Ways that are not fun to wake up:

Around 10am, after a restless night of about 6 hours, get a phone call. The phone call is from a stranger. This stranger knows your name.

She then indentifies herself as "Vicki" from [some name], which is where "your father works."

Vicki then tells you that "Your father was taken to [some hospital name] at 10 o'clock this morning, and we are trying to reach your mother."

That type of phone call certainly gets your attention, no matter how little sleep you've had.

Not to worry, my dad is okay. It boils down to the fact that he's a workaholic (no, really) and he's getting older.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A call like that would wake up a stone. Did the bint not explain *why* he was there, so as to stop the heart attack she almost brought on?

--MT

Anonymous said...

Yikes. Glad everything's ok, P@. Tell your dad not to work so hard. [/I'm sure that'll work.]

Anonymous said...

Jesus. The first part of any call like that should be "Your dad is fine, he over-stressed himself and now he's in the hospital." A little decency wouldn't kill them.

And this Blogger comment stuff means I can't post with my name! I have to be anonymous! I don't WANNA be anonymous!

-Lucas

Amy said...

My first thought was "She should be beaten up."
My second thought was "Oh no! I hope his father is okay!"
My third thought was "She should be beaten up."

Anonymous said...

*sigh of relief*Simon