Friday, February 29, 2008

Bonus!

Yay! Leap Day!!
I think it would be kinda neat to not have Leap Days, though, and instead, every century or so, have an additional month thrown into the mix. Call it Smarch, or Additionary or something.

This being the end of the month, I figure I'll do my monthly add-up of the posts (not sure if I'll do this through the whole year. I don't know that anyone besides me really finds it all that interesting...)

2/1 - 132
2/3 - 159
2/5 - 170
2/7 - 309
2/9 - 418
2/11 - 643
2/13 - 769
2/15 - 621
2/17 - 141
2/19 - 745
2/21 - 130
2/23 - 361
2/25 - 428
2/27 - 422
total in Feb (not including this post) - 5,448.
Which means, excluding this post here, my total wordcount for the year is 9,875. Hrm.

Also, movie update!

"The Waterboy" - I think that I became stupider watching this. In fact, I think having it exist in the universe is a constant drain on the intelligence on all of us. It's like an intelligence black hole. It just sucks the brain-power out of any living being that stumbles upon it.

"Enemy of the State" - wasn't bad, considering it was a Brukheimer (sp?) film. And it was oddly prophetic. Um. In it's way. *glances nervously at Big Brother*

"The Faculty" - I'd seen this before, but I was assigned to screen it for work (that's actually why I watched the other movies, too) and I can't complain. This is pretty underrated little flick. I mean, it's got Lilith (from "Fraiser"), the T-1000 (from "Terminator 2: Judgment Day"), Frodo, and even Jon Stewart! All in a late-90s-hipster-ironic take on the Body Snatcher mythos. Tentacles up!

"Annie" - First movie of the month that I watched at home. We own this on DVD, and Irina just decided one day to put it in the DVD player, and there we go. It had been a while since I'd seen it. I totally forgot that Tim Curry was in this. Heh. Rooster.

"Big Top Pee Wee" - Watched at home, but we got it from the library. Man. This movie just was ...not very good. Especially in comparison to the awesomeness of Pee Wee's Big Adventure.

"Eragon" - Yay, dragons! This was totally Lord of the Rings: Lite Version, but I... um. Kinda liked it. Yeah, it was derivative, and unoriginal, and predictable, but I still enjoyed it quite a bit. I doubt seriously that they'll end up making the sequel, which kinda sucks, but, if they do make it, I'll totally rent it.

"Mystery, Alaska" - Watched at work. I've seen this one before, too, but again, can't complain.

"Live Free or Die Hard" - In the next Die Hard movie, I hope that scientists capture John McClane and study him in order to figure out why the laws of physics don't apply to any area he's around.

Now that I've gotten the month-end duties out of the way...well, I was going to make my blog entry, but I surprisingly don't have anything to talk about. I had stuff all set up originally (I'm pretty certain that I was going to blog about 2/29 and ...something else...) but [shrug] I guess I'll simply say that I hope everyone had a great Leap Day, and I'll see ya'll in two days.

5 comments:

P@ said...

546!

Simon said...

That was one of the criticisms British film reviewer levelled at what we have to call Die Hard 4.0 for some reason: all of a sudden, John McClane was doing all of these superhuman stunts. Problem being, the fun of the original was that he was just a guy, and he got hurt.

Pah.

CosmicAvatar said...

The Faculty (which I too enjoyed muchly) also had Josh Hartnett giving what I believe was one of his best performances. Shame most of the others were complete shit. Bless.

Amy said...

I watched The Faculty yesterday while I had the plague!

It is pretty good, as far as these things go, and it has the bonus of not deeply and profoundly disturbing me the way body-snatcher movies usually do. It does have that "parents and cops refuse to believe the teen that a crime has taken place" trope, though, and that always makes me angry.

Anonymous said...

We quite liked Die Hard 4. It was alot better than 2 & 3. Oh, and it was the first Die Hard movie Mary-Jane ever saw. I know.

There was a great putdown in a review once of some Adam Sandler movie (don't remember which one)--"This movie is so bad it will make you want to take back all the bad things you ever thought about Pauly Shore." Ha.

-Kirk