Sunday, March 02, 2008

In like a lion

How does it know!?! Seriously, the weather became all incredibly windy two days back. And it got extremely windy today. On the 29th of February, things were still normal, weather-wise. But as soon as it becomes 3/1, the winds pick up, and here we are, suffering 50 mph gusts. Crazy.

Anyway. We roughed the weather and went and found a letterbox.

....
My heart right now is so *not* into blogging. And it's not that I don't have things to talk about, I just really don't want to. Weird.

I remembered the other things I wanted to talk about on 2/29, pretty much about three minutes after posting it. [doh2] I was going to talk about how there was a ricin scare downtown, where evidently someone had ricin (which, in case you are unaware, is a highly lethal toxin) inside their hotel room. What was hilarious was that the story broke on Thursday night, while we were watching Survivor. Channel 8 interrupted part of Survivor to have the breaking news story. (But we didn't seem to miss *much* of the show. We came back in just as Ozzy was discovering the HII)
The funny part is, after Survivor, we switched over to watch Lost, on Channel 13.

During part of Lost, they had a crawl down at the bottom of the screen about the ricin find. (I was, for the most part, able to ignore the crawl.)
As soon as Lost was done, Channel 13 had the "Breaking News" interruption, and then they joined Eli Stone in progress. I just find it funny that Channel 13 knows that even if there is some sort of important news story breaking, that if they had interrupted Lost, heads would have rolled. I mean, if they had broken in during that episode, I think I would've definitely made a phone call the next day. And I know what a pain viewer phone calls can be. So, good job, ABC!

Additionally - I've always thought it would be neat to write a story wherein each chapter is the title of a song from a CD.
I think, maybe, that Rumours would be a good contender. The track titles have good chapter sounding names. The trick would be in making the story fit...

And lastly, I think we may be going to LegoLand next Monday. We don't *really* have the money to be doing it, but you know what? You only live once, and we need a minivacation seriously bad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, don't I live between your house and LegoLand?

Amy said...

Your sixth paragraph = genius.

And oh man, remember when they interrupted Angel that one time, and I flipped the fuck out? Good times.

I hope there were pictures taken of all your family activities!