Wednesday, March 12, 2008

everything else

I've been having thousand yard stares a lot lately. I mean, I guess I've done it frequently all my life - those instances where I'll "drop off" and "be somewhere else". Everyone has 'em, I suppose. I'm just saying that I've noticed myself doing that more in the past ...oh, two days? Maybe more.

This post is going to be jumpy/stream-of-consciousness...thing that I alluded to earlier. As I said then, each of these statements can probably be expanded upon to be their own blog entry - and I might expand on them as I'm going. We'll see. Time is not on my side, either, since it's already 9:15pm, and as we all know, time waits for no man.

Onward.

I really like The Mountain Goats.

I'm currently reading The Gum Thief by Douglas Coupland, and it's quite good. I've been a fan of his since Generation X and Life After God: Tales for an Accelerated Culture, so I was happy to see that he had a new book out. I've read almost everything he's written (fiction-wise, anyway) and enjoyed most of it. Gum Thief doesn't really have much of a plot so far (a complaint that Steph pointed out about another fave of mine, Microserfs) but it doesn't bother me much. Coupland's books are generally more about the imagery and the ideas, imo.

Superman: Red Son might be one of the best graphic novels ever.

Matty is posting again! Finally, something good comes out of Ohio!!

The Project has been calling to me lately. Well, whispering. I mean, it's been quiet for ...3 months. Jesus F'in Hell-Christ. Where does the time go?
Anyway, it's still sitting there. Waiting. In it's way. As things do. You know.
Plus, there's the Project Spinoff(s), which have been very loud.

There's also the long-abandoned OTHER project, which ...I don't even know about that one.

I could never live in California. Or at least, not LA or San Diego. Why? Because the whole time I'm there (well, not the whole time, but a lot of it) I'm in fear that nukes are going to hit the city.
Probably due to living on a diet of Hollywood style disaster movies, but when we were at Will & Annika's house, and we went out on their porch to look at the Hollywood sign, I had this irrational fear that it would be the 2nd to last thing I'd see. (The last being a bright white flash) And of course, I know it's an irrational fear - but only because it hasn't happened yet.
Sites like this don't help matters.

I will get back to Roger, but when I do, I suspect that I'm going to revise things a bit, and probably start completely over.

On the bus ride home today, I had a bit of the "nuke" fear. And I was just thinking as I listened to some woman bitch about her work day about how sad that would be if the last thing she ever said was, "That fucker is such a liar." and then we were all vaporized.
And how many hours of my life I've wasted at work.
D. Pressing.

Free Will

We've had the same Netflix discs for, like, a month and a half. And tomorrow is Lost/Survivor night, so we won't get to any of them until at least Friday. We're never going to get to Donnie Darko at this rate. (Donnie Darko was just a randomly chosen movie from our queueu. It's currently at position 67 out of 127.)

We need to sell this house. And I really don't want to do the work involved. Why can't it just be done for us, like everything else was? Anyone out there know how to sell homes, and want to handle it?

*stares into the distance*

1 comment:

Amy said...

You know, Pat, if you keep doing that, you're going to start having flashbacks.