Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Must

Ugh. That word is ...

I've been in a cranky mood most of today - work caused a lot of it, or rather, I'm blaming work for a lot of it. I don't know that it's the cause. I think I'm frustrated with myself for not keeping up on my writing. I had wanted to work on my story/ies during March - I had self-imposed goals of doing a NaNo type month: at least 50,000 words between the 5 stories I've got taking up the majority of my imagination. The first two days were great(ish). And since then, nada.

And it's not that I can't still write - I can. And, you know, I can write whenever, it's just... I can't. Plus there's the stupid critical part of me that says that my writing sucks, which ..whatever.

The killer headache I have (and, yes, I've taken aspirin, it's just not helping) is certainly contributing to my bad attitude.

*deep breath*

I tihnk I'm going to hit "publish", go change a diaper, and attempt to salvage the rest of the evening by appreciating what is good in my life.

2 comments:

Simon said...

Good luck with that, sir.

Lucas said...

I think a clean diaper is something ephemeral to be savoured.