Sunday, March 16, 2008

National Defence College of Thailand

Random.

  • If there was a movie that just followed Irina around for two hours, it would be the best thing ever. She is so freaking adorable. And mischievous, but really really adorable. Her latest thing is to scream (happily) - "Iiiiii ....DID IT!!!" - after accomplishing, well, pretty much anything. Adorable!
  • Went to the libe today. Got a book called The Accidental Time Machine by Joe Haldeman. I've never heard of the guy before, but he had quite a collection of books there, all critically acclaimed, of course (I want my book to be balanced and have the less than stellar reviews put on the back as well. "Astounding." - the Steph; "Meh." - The New York Times), but the book does look interesting, and from the two chapters I've read so far, I've liked it, so I may've found a new ...what's the word? Well, whatever. I'll just be satisfied to have new novels to occupy my time.
  • While in the library, staring at all those thousands of books, I felt a powerful urge to write. It's still with me, sorta, but why's it so damn hard to do? [sigh]
  • I keep hitting the return key twice, which takes me out of list mode.
  • Tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day. I need to remember to wear green.
  • This weekend vanished abruptly. Unfair.
  • Harper is so into reading now, it's great. She's never without a book in her hands, usually a Cam Jensen story. I'm reminded of when Iwas her age and was constantly reading too. Very cool.
  • Last night's dream involved time travel, a guy named Greg, a nuclear (?) bomb going off near our backyard as we watched, and a pterodactyl and an archaeopteryx chasing an airplane.
  • I'm about 3 episodes into season 6 of The Shield now, and I have this fear that they're going to introduce a storyline that is going to piss me off royally, due to contradicting continuity, and just plain not making sense. Hopefully I'm wrong.
  • Spent a few hours reading archives (mostly March 2004, for some reason) of my blog, and Steph's blog, and Amy's and Annika's and Soupy's ... Good times.
  • I have a potentially cool blog post in mind involving the radio. I mention this as a reminder to myself to post it on Tuesday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haldeman's "The Forever War" is pretty good.

-will/oslowe

Amy said...

Last night's dream included my hair being infested with lightning bugs.

... Yours wins.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

As soon as I type this comment I am totally going to go find out what we were all up to in March 2004.