Thursday, February 21, 2008

Do you realize how fast you were going?

Cross-posted on the WD

There are certain songs that, when you hear them while driving, cause an involuntary reaction of speeding up. They're called "Drive Fast Songs". (Or something less lame, if someone has a better suggestion)

Here are links to some youtube videos of the ones that cause me to generally break the speed limit:

"Mrs Robinson" by the Lemonheads.

"Song 2" by Blur. (Woohoo!!)

"You Could Be Mine" by Guns n' Roses (Added bonus - Terminator 2 related video!! [cool])

"Renegades of Funk" by Rage Against the Machine (and, actually, pretty much anything by RATM)

And, of course, Sammy Hagar's "I Can't Drive 55". (Yeah, I know. [eyeroll])

So, what song(s) cause you to put the pedal to the metal?

2 comments:

Amy said...

You mean rapiditties?

That's all I have to add, because I never listen to the radio when I drive. Yes I am comfortable being a total freak.

Anonymous said...

Now Dance, Sucka! (Dance, Sucka!)

Um. Misty Mountain Hop, the Zep.
There She Goes, The La's.
Rock Candy, Montrose.
Blitzkreig Bop, The Ramones.

Just the first that came to mind.

-Kirk