Sunday, February 17, 2008

Let's get digital

One year from today is the date that all full power tv stations in the US have to broadcast completely in digital, shutting down all analog broadcasts.
Which means, unless we take advantage of the coupons being offered by the gov't, to get a converter box, our television will no longer pick up signals. Boo.

We most likely will, but I'm irritated that we have to.

Change is bad!

Re: Roger - don't worry. I'll be coming back to it. I would've done so today, but we weren't here for most of the day, and I'm too tired to really write anything right now. (Obviously!) Today we drove to Calico Basin near Red Rock and found a letterbox, and then stopped at the Sahara West Library, and had dinner at Black Bear Diner. Overall, a very good weekend day.

4 comments:

Amy said...

I like this story, too.

Simon said...

I know; I mean, why are they doing it in the first place? I see no real benefit to it.

Anonymous said...

P@! So we're not the only broadcast TV dinosaurs in the west. Solidarity, brother! But yeah, we will certainly convert, as I am not nor ever will be among the 'kill your television' set.

p.s. Did you know we're now part of a minority of 13%? Freaky.

-Kirk

P@ said...

Kirk, yeah, as a matter of fact, I just read that statistic yesterday in Spots 'n' Dots (a daily publication relating to advertising and the television biz).

Also learned in that article - Oregon is the least prepared part of the nation for the conversion, and New York is the most ready.