Saturday, February 23, 2008

Sunday, busy Sunday

(potentially) Lots going on tomorrow.

The Life Learners have set up an 'archaeological' dig - I don't know all the details, but evidentially, there will be a paleontologist leading the group on a simple dig throuhg part of the Nevada desert tomorrow, looking for fossils. "Dinosaur Dave" is the guys name, which makes me suspect that the event will be catered toward the younger crowd, but I'm still looking forward to going. Doing stuff outside is of the good.
It isn't clear whether we'll be attending, though, because Harper and Saren have both come down with flu-like symptoms (and I've been keeping the sickness at bay myself), plus, it starts at 10am, which for the girls, is the equivalent of, like, 4am for most people.

Also taking place tomorrow - from 11am - 1pm - is a funeral for Mr. Koker, who was the man who owned the television station back in 1995 when I first got hired there. He passed away this past Sunday, from a heart attack. He had been battling cancer the past year as well. The Kokers are really great people, and I am saddened for their loss. I don't know if I'll be attending the services, since we might be out doing the dig at that time.

One of Steph's aunts is having dinner at her house tomorrow night, and has invited us to join in, so that's taking place as well.

There's also the Academy Awards, which, interestingly, I don't really have much interest in this year.

And tomorrow is the tin anniversary for Steph and I. (Or, "diamond" if you want to go by modern tradition...[what does that even mean?]) It was ten years ago (tomorrow) that we became husband and wife in the eyes of the law. Hooray!
Ten years! Man, that's quite nearly 1/3rd of my life! I guess to celebrate we can go dig up ancient bones, or attend a funeral, or have dinner with extended family, or watch an overlong award ceremony on television.
It is remarkable, though, how quickly a decade with Steph has past. And how it has been, without a doubt, the best portion of my life.

3 comments:

CosmicAvatar said...

You're right - that is (potentially) one busy day.

Also, today's the day! Congratulations on your ten-year anniversary! And may you have many more.

Amy said...

Aww. Yay! You and Steph and my favorite. Happy Deciversary!

I would also totally like to hear about the archaeology thing. Assuming that it's, you know, interesting.

Anonymous said...

Wow, ten anos, dude. Happy Anniversary! Hope you had a great day.

-Kirk