Friday, November 01, 2002

I've never been a real "goal"y (heh. "goalie") type of guy. As the old P@age goes, "Planning is for intellectuals and morons."
I prefer to just let things (life) happen, and deal (or not) as the circumstances arise.

However, I do have some new board-related goals. (Ain't ya'll proud?)

{{-}} To make the board fun again. (I don't know if I can do this single-handedly or not, so I'm taking typing courses in order to be able to use both hands. [/self amusement] On a serioius note, though, I do want the WD to be a place of enjoyment once more. I shall be trying my damndest to obtain that.

{{-}} To get on the first page. I've been the first person on page two (of the User List, going by post totals in descending order) for a while now. I would like to appear on page 1. Then I'll have "made it". Of course, CassyLee is the current member I have to surpass in order to achieve this goal. And she is at 3300. As bettie said, "Good luck."

{{-}} To have Jupe post again. And GA. And Onion. And Victor. And Chandler. Although those later folks are more a case of 'often' instead of 'again', but you get the drift.

{{-}} Address gathering. Must stalk better.

{{-}} Gimmick. I think that part of the reason the board has been ... lately, is due to the lack of cool people posting. And since I'm cool, and haven't exactly been Mr. Post-a-holic of late, I share part of the blame. But lets face it, the last cool gimmicks were the Mr. WD Pageant, and WD Clue. And those were both 5 months back. 5 months in internet time is something like 150 days.

{{-}} Strike-through. It's not fair that only the mods can use this feature. I bet if everyone had strike through, the board would rejoice, and all would be well again.

{{-}} That icon. I keep meaning to make it, and keep not. Stupid laziness.

So, yeah. That's about all on my plate in regards to our favorite forum.

In non-board related news, my youngest daughter is all grown up. [sniffle] Well, not all grown up, but she did use the potty for the first time today. (She even called me at work to tell me! I was so proud. And peeved that I couldn't've been there. Stupid work.) Harper is the best. She is incredibly smart, and funny. And cuter than anything known to man.
It's odd watching your children grow up. There's not really a word to describe the emotion that is unfiltered joy, with a sampling of melancholy thrown in. [sigh]

Also, I obtained tix to the Harry Potter sneak preview. [does dance] Hehehe!

I'm hungry. Guess I better go eat some peanut butter cups. Yum!!

No comments: