Thursday, November 14, 2002

UTP@Thursday! (It's like "Must See TV Thursday" only...funnier. And more tired.)

Kinda a long entry. So if you've got a short attention span, or um...

Remember a few whiles back, when I said that the WD was full of great people? well, there are also some shits there. I don't understand certain folks, and the thought processes that they "possess". I'm quite angry, despite being really fucking tired, and I'm sure that were my mental capacities fuller, I'd be more coherent. Also, I bet that I'd send some angry emails. (But, alas, I'm too chicken to do that, even if I'm well-rested. [sigh])

Yay bras!!

But, yeah, to quote Jane's Addiction, "Some people should die. That's just common knowledge."
And maybe I don't really want these losers to die, but maybe some small, primitive part of me does. Ya know?
God.

Switchign gears -
Last night we watched Alias. That show is fun. Even though we stayed up til like 1am (and then Harper woke up and kept us awake until 2, and I had to get up at 5:30...) it was good.
This am, when the alarm went off, I incorporated the dream into my song. (Scratch that, reverse it.) I probably would've kept on dreaming, had Steph not hit me in the back to wake me up. [doh2]

Took my shower, dressed, got breakfast, and watched Conversations with Dead People with the CC on, and the sound down low. Why? Because I'm a geek-a-potamus.

Once it was done, it was time for work, so I drove to work (on fumes).

Work was slow, as it generally is on Thursdays. I relly don't know why I bother going there. I mean, the money helps matters tremendously, of course, but could I get a better-paying gig somewhere else? Most likely, yes. Will I? Most likely, not unless I have to. (ie get fired or move)
God. lazyness.

There was a neat thing at work, and I considered making a post about it, but Ithink instead, I'll blog it, and if I want to post, I'll do the ol' cut and paste. (or just not post. Stupid....people, making me not want to post. Well, and also tiredness.)
A few days back, a mouse was discovered running around in the control room. It freaked Eli out (she didn't *quite* do the Tom&Jerry 'woman standing on a chair screeching, "A mouse!! A mouse!!" bit, but pretty close. [grin]), but I thought it kinda neat.
Everyday since then, I've seen Mr. Jingles (for lack of a better name) scurry by. Never gave it *much* thought.
Today, though, it was the topic du jour when I came in at 7. Because apparently Mr. Jingles has some friends.

Lots of friends.

Because, rumouredly, someone has been feeding the mice. Smart.

Later, this turned out to have some evidence backing it up, since a few times a tiny little (baby??) mouse came out of the woodwork (more like 'wirework', but whatever) and (I kid you not) looked up longingly at me and Troy, as though awaiting snacks.

So, everything's going fine, I'm trying to stay awake, blah blah blah, and around 10am, little mouse comes out again, and is mere feet away from me. I had a tape in my hand, and for whatever reason, I tossed the tape toward the rodent.

Crunch!


The tape didn't completely smoosh the mouse, though. The back half of it's body was under the tape, while the head and front legs were attempting to crawl away. The mouse was screeching in pain.
(Why do I find this so amusing??)
Troy saw what I had done, and got a large plastic cup to scoop the mouse up with. As he approached it, it finally died.
We put his dead body in the cup, and then threw the cup and the mouse away.

Sadly, there were no large black inmates to revive the mouse. [heehehehe]

The best part of the story, though? Curiousity got the better of me, and I put the tape into a deck. I pushed play, and there was a promo for the show Crossing Over on it. Irony, you're a beautiful bitch.

After the mouse-killing, the rest of the day was pretty much a let down. None of the other mice made appearances, though. So I guess lesson learned. [eyebrow]

We had a meeting, and it was, as per usual, rather pointless. But free food! Even I can't resist free food! (What?)

I drove home (on fumes of fumes) and then Saren told me the Buffy story that is on my wife's blog. [plug]
Then, we went all 21st century for dinner and ordered pizza over the internet! George Jetson, eat your heart out!

um...

Oh, then I went to the board, and became thoroughouly depressed (and unable to spell. [tongue]) and then I decided to blog my brains out.

And now I have.

So I'm going to watch Friends and Scrubbies, and try not to fall asleep. (And dream of killing mice.)


No comments: